Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Zoas usually don’t like me so it all works out. 

I am with spectra on this. Your tank should be a zoa factory given your setup. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Two pics on the left arent the acctual pics. They're quick google pic suggestions. 

I honestly couldn’t care less what their names are or what their “real” value is. 

I got stuff from him at half off what my LFS charges (he sells a lot of his corals to this particular LFS). 

There are some spot in shaded areas of the tank so I figured why not. 

Also, added a vid to my previous post of the image through my night driving glasses. Interesting to say the least. They have orange lenses (night glasses have either orange or yellow lenses) so I figure that it might be fun to try. 

Well they look like the actual zoa..............

I am old and dont use night driving glasses :tongueout:

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well they look like the actual zoa..............

I am old and dont use night driving glasses :tongueout:

Neither do I. I start early and by the time I get on the road, it’s almost sunrise. But that wasn’t always the case. They help some with f****urds flying on hibeams or while zigzagging around airplanes and all those ridiculous high beams they use to lit the docking area. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Neither do I. I start early and by the time I get on the road, it’s almost sunrise. But that wasn’t always the case. They help some with f****urds flying on hibeams or while zigzagging around airplanes and all those ridiculous high beams they use to lit the docking area. 

Early and sunrise dont go together.......I hit the road at 5 or so and sunrise is 7 or later right now.

You better get to bed its late over there on the wrong side :wink:

• Like 1
A Little Blue
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Early and sunrise dont go together.......I hit the road at 5 or so and sunrise is 7 or later right now.

You better get to bed its late over there on the wrong side :wink:

Mon. is my day off. I start at 4:30 get on the road by 5:30, sunrise around 7. So no real use for night glasses but I might try them out in my LFS or on friends tanks. They really LOVE blues. It helps to ignore their nuisance algae issues I guess. 🤫

• Haha 2

Mon. is my day off. I start at 4:30 get on the road by 5:30, sunrise around 7. So no real use for night glasses but I might try them out in my LFS or on friends tanks. They really LOVE blues. It helps to ignore their nuisance algae issues I guess. 🤫

Well I am up early tomorrow  but the beer is tasting pretty good right now :lol:

Sunday funday....................#### monday..................

• Like 2
A Little Blue
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well I am up early tomorrow  but the beer is tasting pretty good right now :lol:

Sunday funday....................#### monday..................

Mon. is my fav. No work, no kids, no wife. I had some of my home made moonshine to cure my hangover. I hate corporate Christmas parties so getting f**ed^ seemed like a good idea at the time. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon. is my fav. No work, no kids, no wife. I had some of my home made moonshine to cure my hangover. I hate corporate Christmas parties so getting f**ed^ seemed like a good idea at the time. 😂

Yeah mondays used to be my day off to..........did 4 10s and well now its 4 10s and whatever on fridays.........

• Like 1
A Little Blue
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah mondays used to be my day off to..........did 4 10s and well now its 4 10s and whatever on fridays.........

That’s not a bad deal. After all, you run the show. One of the perks I guess. 

Did you come with the theme for your resurrecting tank? You’re probably busy with other crap so I don’t expect it to be a quick re-build. But I am exited to see what you do with it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

That’s not a bad deal. After all, you run the show. One of the perks I guess. 

Did you come with the theme for your resurrecting tank? You’re probably busy with other crap so I don’t expect it to be a quick re-build. But I am exited to see what you do with it. 

Well yeah run the show its not much :lol: only 2 of us so..............no work no monies...............who said being self employed was a good idea :wink: I cant complain as yes it does suck but has been a good thing...........

As for the tank no theme............have always loved the zoas but am tired of some of them taking over so.........only higher end ones will be in the new build. I think I have a few polyps of utters in there and love my purple deaths so there in there to.......have a few bounce shrooms in there to and well sticks..............love the sticks..............

Will post some pics soon and well 20lbs of new rock expected wednesday...............

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well yeah run the show its not much :lol: only 2 of us so..............no work no monies...............who said being self employed was a good idea :wink: I cant complain as yes it does suck but has been a good thing...........

As for the tank no theme............have always loved the zoas but am tired of some of them taking over so.........only higher end ones will be in the new build. I think I have a few polyps of utters in there and love my purple deaths so there in there to.......have a few bounce shrooms in there to and well sticks..............love the sticks..............

Will post some pics soon and well 20lbs of new rock expected wednesday...............

What rock did you go with? 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hopefully with “Daddy” in The WH things get a bit better. Seems like business is booming. At least from what I have seen. 

And I have do give an enormous credit to the lone wolf that has to put up with your bs. Poor thing. 🤣

Next build will be all stick and I mean JUST STICKS. 

I never was big on zoas. Perhaps bc f@&$er hated my tank. Lately, some zoas seemed to do ok so I will give them another shot. Those high end zoas could become a real $$$ makers. Ppl are willing to pay $100-200 per polyp 🙄 NUTS!!! 

Are you getting live rock or that artificial crap? Go with LV if you can. Sure it might have some unwanted pests and such but there really is no substitute for seasoned rock. 

And YES, sticks, lots of sticks! 👍💪

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Hopefully with “Daddy” in The WH things get a bit better. Seems like business is booming. At least from what I have seen. 

And I have do give an enormous credit to the lone wolf that has to put up with your bs. Poor thing. 🤣

Next build will be all stick and I mean JUST STICKS. 

I never was big on zoas. Perhaps bc f@&$er hated my tank. Lately, some zoas seemed to do ok so I will give them another shot. Those high end zoas could become a real $$$ makers. Ppl are willing to pay $100-200 per polyp 🙄 NUTS!!! 

Are you getting live rock or that artificial crap? Go with LV if you can. Sure it might have some unwanted pests and such but there really is no substitute for seasoned rock. 

And YES, sticks, lots of sticks! 👍💪

I have always loved zoas.............and yes I have a few of the high end ones...........paid 100 for a polyp of hallucinations........well have sold probably 500 or more from it and given away a few.......still have 25 plus polyps.......

As for rock no live I did that years ago then went with dried and then pukani...........now its the artificial crap but like the way it looks...........will see how it goes.........hell whats the worst thing that could happen :lol: I already killed about 1K in corals and tossed all my rock after dinos appeared...........

• Like 1
A Little Blue

I have always loved zoas.............and yes I have a few of the high end ones...........paid 100 for a polyp of hallucinations........well have sold probably 500 or more from it and given away a few.......still have 25 plus polyps.......

As for rock no live I did that years ago then went with dried and then pukani...........now its the artificial crap but like the way it looks...........will see how it goes.........hell whats the worst thing that could happen :lol: I already killed about 1K in corals and tossed all my rock after dinos appeared...........

Yup, dinos are terrifying. And I am honestly not sure how would I deal with that.... But now you’re back so make the most of it. 100X flow and extreme caution with new additions helped keeping that s**t out of my tank but you never really know. 

CaribSea makes nice “live” dry rock. Probably the only one I would use. BRS has also some options but no clue what it is. Hallucinations are the $makers for sure. 25polyps isn’t all that many. Don’t give them out for cheap. 

I know you love sand but that s**t is a cesspool and a magnet for all kinds of nasty. Not trying to talk you into BB concept but you would have so much less headaches, less maintenance and optimal flow for sticks. And you could use zoas to cover BB along with chalices, montis and such. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Yup, dinos are terrifying. And I am honestly not sure how would I deal with that.... But now you’re back so make the most of it. 100X flow and extreme caution with new additions helped keeping that s**t out of my tank but you never really know. 

CaribSea makes nice “live” dry rock. Probably the only one I would use. BRS has also some options but no clue what it is. Hallucinations are the $makers for sure. 25polyps isn’t all that many. Don’t give them out for cheap. 

I know you love sand but that s**t is a cesspool and a magnet for all kinds of nasty. Not trying to talk you into BB concept but you would have so much less headaches, less maintenance and optimal flow for sticks. And you could use zoas to cover BB along with chalices, montis and such. 

I went with the caribsea shape rock.........

And well as for sand..............I am a ass man oh wait wrasse yeah thats it........they need sand.

• Like 1
A Little Blue

I went with the caribsea shape rock.........

And well as for sand..............I am a ass man oh wait wrasse yeah thats it........they need sand.

I get it. I mean the wrasse addiction. 

But I have seen ppl getaway with BB and wrasses so I guess it can be done.  

And yeah that’s the only dry rock I would use if I had no choice. 

Get some rest. Your apprentice will appreciate it enormously. 😉

A Little Blue

Zoas are going to have to wait for few weeks. Turns out buddy did find some nice sticks after all. (Woodoo Magic, W.Disney and Pink Cadillac) 

2/2 update: was looking for pink-streaked wrasse for few weeks with no luck. But I found this guy in Manhattan Aquariums.....

5EED3F79-A410-4A98-8B46-712DDFEE54AF.thumb.jpeg.55e348bd1a839a6384e2c191ebba512c.jpeg

DA3DC5AB-A787-4954-89E6-A8139307A67E.thumb.jpeg.9f4993308391ac9553804a894f8ed64b.jpeg

BB60B2B9-601F-403F-8491-0870DD0AC290.thumb.jpeg.8510d807fc3d9de37dfe50549049d815.jpeg

AA989E89-C9AD-4CBB-A6F0-6024444D0DCB.thumb.jpeg.1c8c5e770d897884d818b61541ff6c4b.jpeg

6C89AE99-219F-4C76-AF5C-0E5DE657F900.thumb.jpeg.7c907c51b3e8253523aa1d96aed36ed7.jpeg

And grabbed another Gorgonian. Not sure if it’s going to go into the main or dump tank..

Also, got half a dozen snails, test kit IRON, some phosphate reducer and my favorite frag-rocks (gonna need them tommorow as there is at least 10 new corals coming home). Will add pics  to THIS post tomorrow. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Not much to look at after dipping and re-mounting to new plugs but here are some new additions (came to an avarage of $25 per frag. Not super cheap but fair price if anyone was wondering) :

2D6300B3-4DC5-4CDA-83CD-2ECFB7A615E1.thumb.jpeg.7031aef1be1f729c74c063de544cf3f2.jpeg

D17A8679-D8CE-41DF-80D5-9E787D12D706.thumb.jpeg.5417b5fd6090902060737d1c692278fa.jpeg

4A8A70E7-00AF-4D4C-BE94-646485CA31AF.thumb.jpeg.f99b03e12066de6933e8742c00bcd9e8.jpeg

620A97BE-5C98-48BE-949C-538B1407F46D.thumb.jpeg.610f0309ac64143f6f507d11d85f8114.jpeg

F8000623-B0BF-4824-9CAB-15DC384F94FC.thumb.jpeg.befc616be46172801712155e98b2663f.jpeg

5BB004C5-819D-4C64-A137-E5667AEE6B2D.thumb.jpeg.4e62de1e527d75b90df7d67164e9c119.jpeg

Did some cleaning on Nero/KPS wave pumps. Moved one of KPS pumps to dump/frag tank. Did 4gallons WC in dump tank as well.  Mounted some random scattered montis and other survivors on vacant rock rubble and plugs. 35 gallon water container came in and it is huge. Need get some plumbing on that. 

Dragon-Face Pipefish is acclimating in 30l. Banded Pipefish in frag tank is also doing fine. Baby Clowns started hosting BTA. 

• Like 3
A Little Blue

Not sure if I have ever posted pics of this guy? Involuntary victim of my genius ingenuity/experimentation with new dipping solution.

I killed many due to my own stupidity, snake-oil/voodoo elixirs posted on line and curiosity. 

Enough of that, here is the guy that lost all its flesh, turned to infested dead skeleton and came back to life after 3-4 months of nothingness. Don’t remember what it is or what it’s called but I can’t wait to see it come back from that devastating assault to live. I might move it back to the main tank when it looks fully recovered and shows a bit of meat. 

822FBC1B-AACF-41CE-8F11-4D6522D4F523.thumb.jpeg.fd5cff5583c561962385eb3ca3733f6e.jpegEC419727-87C2-40DB-AFE0-7443FAC721A2.thumb.jpeg.546f6bac0945a6a1c3c265cc582d71f7.jpeg

Also, since zoas are often the most pest infested of any coral frags, they will go thru quarantine in the frag tank for now. 

• Like 3
A Little Blue
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Trying to find something small ?

Yeah! I ordered it already. 

I have a large unit in the basement. But I need something smaller for 2nd floor. 

It’s cheap, I know, but if I can get decent TDS I will be happy. Gonna have to check if the pressure on the 2nd floor is efficient enough tho. If not, gonna need the pump. 

A Little Blue

2BEC5D74-BCBF-4F0F-96A8-42D8DBB9FED0.thumb.jpeg.07339e1e45385e1a0be0d598c05d44aa.jpeg

Broke off the base ^. Now recovered.

550B209A-25C4-4E73-BCF6-B37CBEF8977D.thumb.jpeg.2622dca314af405e5a0022d36ef47a06.jpeg

Feeding this Dendro twice per week. 

8F0A4380-A8D0-4248-9937-2CE69149E8ED.thumb.jpeg.f9e7bbdba8765300dff377fe125a6ed7.jpeg

A856B5A2-A45C-4D35-864C-69B61801AD1B.thumb.jpeg.8e13f3f965474534e08e48c1afaeb75e.jpeg

Most photogenic monti of them all. 

EACF4C87-B455-464E-9DBB-A93A2190839B.thumb.jpeg.f9059971fd88886ebbe74a17a35357bf.jpeg

Something fuzzy. 

E6589F26-5783-4A12-AEE4-D74FF74786AF.thumb.jpeg.3911e23a225a1297a4eda71d583c9802.jpeg

Deep Water Bolt is healthy and growing.

E5B929DC-94C1-4A7B-96EB-8DDF567F1BBB.thumb.jpeg.d1f713930b7ab0996240291842d04ab3.jpeg

Getting along just fine lately. 

F4A7958A-5C94-4091-BCCA-0EE21E0A236C.thumb.jpeg.7eedd0e69442638310eaebbde167d008.jpeg

Will test and run Auto Water Change system after upcoming trip to Europe. 

• Like 4
A Little Blue

Yeah, so instead of daily dose of amino acid I dumped Coral Rx dipping solution. Freaked out a bit at first. Tossed new bag of Chemipure and wet skimmed for several hours. I might be in the clear, we will see.

Other pipefish is doing perfectly fine, eating and all. So I'm not sure what went wrong with Dragonface? She was separated from what appeared to be a bonded harem in my lfs. Perhaps that stressed her out too much. Had few other issues I was (still am) dealing with.

For instance, my red dragon acro started bleaching despite being placed on the bottom of the tank. My original  (lost to Urchin kidnapping) frag of red dragon was perfectly happy at the very top, getting blasted with light. I text my buddy and found out that he kept his colony on the far side of his tank in light deprived area. That kinda explained why it got stressed out. I found the way to deal with that without messing with my light program and it seems to work.

Also started dosing fluconazol and Phosphate-E from Brightwell Aquatics to see what it does to lobophora algae. Urchin is doing pretty good job at keeping lobophora under control but she can not get to every nook and cranny.

• Like 3