SaltCritters.com

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

Nano Nano Boo Boo
27 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Are those settings available on line? 

Good question. 

Send it over for sure. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Here’s what I see from the report I linked before

28757769317_c69f9d0a2c_b.jpg

The full report is available here: https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ReefWholesale_CoralLab.pdf. It’s an interesting read. The link should take you directly to the pdf this time. 

Thanks for the link. It took me right to it. 

What intensity would you recommend to start with? 

KW NANOREEF
7 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

So these settings are made for a Ecotech Radion but  BullReefSupply made almost the exact same spectrum on the AI Prime HD. Here it is

F167B8CC-943B-4D22-91A9-07B204A2B1DB.png

• Like 2
KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, specore said:

What!  The accountant in me can't handle math challenged people 🙂

image.png.7f175da32514ff3a8ca23b59e7f5fbd6.png

Lol! The unique thing about the AI Prime HD is that when you turn a level very far down, like the whites, greens, and reds, it can use that power and put it into another channel. Haha

• Like 3
Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 hour ago, specore said:

What!  The accountant in me can't handle math challenged people 🙂

image.png.7f175da32514ff3a8ca23b59e7f5fbd6.png

Accountant! I run a mortgage company. We need to be trading business! 🤯

• Like 2
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, KW NANOREEF said:

So these settings are made for a Ecotech Radion but  BullReefSupply made almost the exact same spectrum on the AI Prime HD. Here it is

F167B8CC-943B-4D22-91A9-07B204A2B1DB.png

Cool! Thanks a lot guys. Those settings seems like a good starting point. 

What is the recommended mounting height? I’m guessing that IM 14 peninsula isn’t very challenging tank to get a decent spread from a single HD Prime?

mitten_reef
13 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Sorry, man.  I completely missed the context of the conversation - I see now that you're working with a new AI Prime HD. 

Just to throw you another loop, HAHA.  Here's the link to 8 downloadable settings for AI signature/showcase tanks - including NR-very own TOTM Eddy Putra. 

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/  Also, the settings by Stuart Bertram is based of the BRS-referenced David Saxby settings (or at least that's where I think the David Saxby name came from).  If you need more help with PrimeHD, @Cannedfish has been having a hell of a good time growing all kind of corals in his IM10 with that thing, just go take a peek there.   

3 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Cool! Thanks a lot guys. Those settings seems like a good starting point. 

What is the recommended mounting height? I’m guessing that IM 14 peninsula isn’t very challenging tank to get a decent spread from a single HD Prime?

I wouldn't worry too much about mounting height for IM14 coverage. I'd just mount to minimize spillage.  I had good success with Hydra26HD before transitioning to nanoboxreef.  Have fun with the frag tank, will it be in this journal or a separate one? 

• Like 2
A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Sorry, man.  I completely missed the context of the conversation - I see now that you're working with a new AI Prime HD. 

Just to throw you another loop, HAHA.  Here's the link to 8 downloadable settings for AI signature/showcase tanks - including NR-very own TOTM Eddy Putra. 

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/  Also, the settings by Stuart Bertram is based of the BRS-referenced David Saxby settings (or at least that's where the David Saxby name came from).  If you need more help with PrimeHD, @Cannedfish has been having a hell of a good time growing all kind of corals in his IM10 with that thing, just go take a peek there.   

I wouldn't worry too much about mounting height for IM14 coverage. I'd just mount to minimize spillage.  I had good success with Hydra26HD before transitioning to nanoboxreef.  Have fun with the frag tank, will it be in this journal or a separate one? 

I’ll checkout @Cannedfish build and look for pointers. 

No worries about pointing to different light brand settings. Lol 

I noticed that from the get go but I wasn’t sure if it was relevant to the subject. 😉

Light spillage might not be a concern as I originally planned on keeping this tank in the cabinet under my main tank, however. If heat will become a concern, I might have to fine another place for it. 

I don’t think that it is worthwhile to start a build thread on frag tank. We will see..... perhaps this tank might become another nano tank overtime. 🤗

Thanks a lot guy for all the info. 👍

• Like 1
3 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/  Also, the settings by Stuart Bertram is based of the BRS-referenced David Saxby settings (or at least that's where I think the David Saxby name came from).  If you need more help with PrimeHD, @Cannedfish has been having a hell of a good time growing all kind of corals in his IM10 with that thing, just go take a peek there.   

I wouldn’t go near that disreputable @Cannedfish character with a 10ft pole. His thread is merely a swampy breeding ground of quack advice, snake-oil, and hackneyed jokes. Furthermore, that “tank” of his is constantly a light breeze or stiff drink (whichever comes first) away from disaster. 

• Like 2
A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

I wouldn’t go near that disreputable @Cannedfish character with a 10ft pole. His thread is merely a swampy breeding ground of quack advice, snake-oil, and hackneyed jokes. Furthermore, that “tank” of his is constantly a light breeze or stiff drink (whichever comes first) away from disaster. 

Been there, I’ve seen it. It’s far from swampy..... a little muddy perhaps but a I don’t mind a bit of mud on my boots. 😉

• Haha 1
A Little Blue

Came back from 6 day trip. Old ATO reservoir was almost dry. Fish are alive but starved a bit. Corals, inverts etc seem to be just fine. No algae outbreak of any kind. Skimmer was running at %80 power and it only produced 1/4 cup of a nasty goo. The only outbreak seems to be a pods population. 

IM14g frag tank will get wet tomorrow. 

I am planning to run UV filter on WiFi timer. Didn’t decide on other media yet. If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. 

(Sorry 4 incoherent gibberish. Finished the trip with 38hrs sleepless stretch)

• Like 2
Nano Nano Boo Boo

My 14 just arrived, will be wet tomorrow as well. I plan on running chaeto in the back with the @inTank refuge and/or media basket in case I need phos reducer, etc. I’ve learned the best route for these smaller tanks is simple filtration and water changes. Stoked to see how yours turns out! I’ll be posting a build of mine. 

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

My 14 just arrived, will be wet tomorrow as well. I plan on running chaeto in the back with the @inTank refuge and/or media basket in case I need phos reducer, etc. I’ve learned the best route for these smaller tanks is simple filtration and water changes. Stoked to see how yours turns out! I’ll be posting a build of mine. 

Curious to see what you come up with. 

Thats more or less how I run my 30l tank in this thread (macro-algae fuge, MarinePure spheres, ChemiPure Elite, Miracle Mud + skimmer that might not be necessary in this setup but I want to test it out).  I rarely do water changes tho. Maybe 3g per month. I don’t really keep track. 🤫

14g peninsula build is going to be a simple frag-tank. I haven’t use UV light in a while and want to see how I can make this work (or fail) in this setup. Planning to use MarinePure spheres for biological filtration and small bag of ChemiPure Blue for now. Tank will have minimal bioload so excessive filtration isn’t necessary (I hope). I might try to find one , relatively clean piece of live rock to start things off as far as biological filtration goes. 

Link your build thread when you’re ready. 👍

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Most of the equipment necessary to setup IM14 frag tank is here. 

Prime HD led + bracket 

IM UV sterilizer

IM Mighty Jet return pump etc. 

It took me half a day to rewire main tank and add necessary outlets and WiFi power bar for frag tank setup. It was exhausting to say the least. 

Cabinet under the main tank will hold frag tank, ATO for both tanks, doser for both, dosing containers, electric hub + controllers and more. 

I have two issues that I need to address and fast. 

One, heat inside the cabinet. Exhaust fan with thermostat would suffice but I can’t find any reasonably priced product to meet my needs. Cheapest one I found is about $60, which isn’t bad.

Another issue is the Mighty Jet pump that barely fits in return compartment, leaving about 1/4” space between intake and the side wall of the compartment. 

Plan for this tank is still still a work in progress but I have a pretty good idea what to use for filtration and display setup. Stay tuned.👍

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Most of the equipment necessary to setup IM14 frag tank is here. 

Prime HD led + bracket 

IM UV sterilizer

IM Mighty Jet return pump

It took me half a day to rewire main tank and add necessary outlets and WiFi power bar for frag tank setup. It was exhausting to say the least. 

Cabinet under the main tank will hold frag tank, ATO for both tanks, doser for both, dosing containers, electric hub + controllers and more. 

I have two issues that I need to address and fast. 

One, heat inside the cabinet. Exhaust fan with thermostat would suffice but I can’t find any reasonably priced product to meet my needs. Cheapest one I found is about $60, which isn’t bad.

Another issue is the Mighty Jet pump that barely fits in return compartment, leaving about 1/4” space between intake and the side wall of the compartment. 

Plan for this tank is still still a work in progress but I have a pretty good idea about what to use for filtration and display setup. Stay tuned.👍

Can't you just use a computer fan? Here's one that plugs into an outlet

image.thumb.png.df0babc5cf20df8e9637b74c48728b0b.png

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, specore said:

Can't you just use a computer fan? Here's one that plugs into an outlet

image.thumb.png.df0babc5cf20df8e9637b74c48728b0b.png

I suppose I could but I need some sort of thermostat/controller to keep the temperature inside the cabinet under 78F. Also, fan needs to be relatively quiet and preferably with speed adjustment. 

The one I found has most of these features but I am not familiar with the brand. They do make cooling products for Home/Theater/cabinet applications, so I assume that they know what they’re doing. 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, specore said:

Man- that's like the Rolls-Royce of computer fans.  I approve!

I hear you. And I just ordered it. It should be here by tomorrow. These few issues delayed setting up this tank a bit but I wanna make this right without major f-ups that will give me nightmares later on. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Basic filtration plan. Heater will go into return pump compartment. 

What do you think? 

520E803A-12F7-4DE2-9895-A3C266A78370.thumb.png.55ce540907c43cb47408aa7f5946c6ef.png

What are you doing for mechanical filtration, floss holder?