Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plumbing Input Requested

Waterhobit

To start off I am rebooting all of my aquariums. About a year ago, I added some stock to my tanks purchased from an LFS I had never used before (a chalk basslet and some rainbowfish for my freshwater). By the next morning I had lost 80% of my fish. [Insert Recommendation for a QT system] I knew that my wife and I would eventually be buying a house and moving out of the apartment we were in, so I re-homed the remaining stock, and let my aquariums sit dry. Over a year, and one house purchase later, and I am excited to dive back into the hobby. This time around I am making some improvements, and applying some lessons. I have already upgraded my 40g long freshwater tank to a 55.  If a larger tank would fit on my stand, I would upgrade the size on my reef as well. Another thing I'm doing is exchanging my vinyl tubing for hard plumbing. Since this will probably be pretty permanent, I wanted to run my plans past the collective expertise of this community.

Since a picture says a thousand words:

Here is a photo of the entire stand before I ever got this tank wet.

20141118_213930.jpg

And a FTS of the two tanks:

fish2.jpg

It is because I want to keep this stand that I am limited on the size of the aquariums I use.

Finally, here is the sketch of my plans for the plumbing. This perspective is from the rear of the stand.

Plumbing Sketch - Copy.png

I plant to use a section of silicone tubing to connect the return pump to the hard plumbing, and short sections of vinyl tubing to connect the canisters for my FW setup to its respective plumbing.