Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help! Rock Flower Anemone

tgrover35

Please help me determine what is going on with my rock flower anemone. He has been in the tank for a couple weeks and he seems to have been doing fine. He has eaten some brine shrimp and otherwise has been just anchored to a rock. He now appears to have his mouth open and has a white string of something coming from it. It would seem that he may be dying, but I’m not sure why or if that’s right. Should I try to let him ride it out or remove him?

3C676F3B-8CE2-49C6-A8C3-14C647577D88.jpeg

SaltyBuddha

Not sure. You can overfeed anemones though. A few times in two weeks is nothing to worry about though. I would guess you can feed it two or three times a week with no issues. 

RIP Sebastian
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, tgrover35 said:

How much is typical to feed these guys? I’ve target fed him frozen brine a few times in two weeks

I feed my group a couple of mysis shrimp once a week. You actually don't have to feed them at all, although they tend to grow at a faster rate if you do. I suggest you use mysis shrimp or LRS food- brine shrimp don't really have that much nutritional value.