Coral Vue Hydros

Zoa polyps dying / melting

Soneca-II

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a zoa.

This zoa was a frag that i have made ( first experience with a set of 3 frag's in reef rock) some months ago. From the fist set the red ones ( has in the image ) started to grow very well.

Last couple of weeks i'm seeing some polyps from the center of the rock just turing brighter and then dying. Like the ones in the image. The rest is closed because i have grabbed the coral to check for something ( pests or something) . The only thing i saw was some  I can see a lot of Polychaete - Linopherus (Common Bristleworm) in the bottom of the rock but as far as i can read they are safe.

The stranger part is that the polyps suffering are from the middle of the rock and new ones are growing in the outside quite well.

The other Zoa's are good as are the rest of the corals. No new addition was introduced when this started and water / light have been stable.

I can see even a big growth in another green zoa's as i did not saw last 6 months so i would suppose quality is not the specific issue.

Does anyone knows something that can be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Rui

zoaProblematic.png