Putzyjd

Fish swimming upside down and in circles?

Putzyjd

Hi everyone i have three zebra barred darts that I've had for about a year. Today i noticed one was swimming in circles and upside down i was just wondering what's wrong and if there's anything i can do to help it?

IMG_20180403_122614733.jpg

Sailingeric

I have seen similar in a few of fresh water fish, outcome is not good.  Do you know what the lifespan is normally??  

Putzyjd
2 minutes ago, Sailingeric said:

I have seen similar in a few of fresh water fish, outcome is not good.  Do you know what the lifespan is normally??  

I'm not really sure i have one that's about a inch longer and bigger though so I'm guessing age isn't a factor? Unless the males or females are different sizes. But it's breathing really hard which makes me think there's ammonia or maybe oxygen? I have a bottle of biospira bacteria to get rid of ammonia that i ordered for a different tank so i figured I'd dose a little of it because i don't have a ammonia test. I'm wondering if maybe i should put a bubbler and air Stone in the tank to see if that helps? 

Clown79

It may be swim bladder issue.

It may not be a lack of oxygen. They usually gasp, even go to the surface.

Fish often breath heavily when they are unwell.

Jesterrace

Usually that's the mark of a dying fish. Not really much you can do about it at this point. 

• Like 1

ndrobey

You need to get an ammonia test kit if you are going to be in this hobby. Sorry about your fish.