Top Shelf Aquatics

Mushrooms finiky

nubreefer

So i have a rock with some larger Green Stripe Mushrooms and a few Purple Mushrooms. The problem is the Purples are shriveled and the greens are happy as a pig in $#!T. I don't quite know what the problem is. Could it be lack of strontium or magnesium that's making the ones with more purple less happy? All my other levels are optimal. Please help because I'm afraid to introduce new corals if there's a problem...:*(

they are ok men dont worrie about shrooms these guys are quite hardy maybe hes adjusting to light.... let them be and if they stsay like that for a week now start to ask.

What kind of info would you like? pH 8.1-8.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrate 3ppm, Temp 78 F. I do seem to be having a problem at night I think my pH drops quite a bit, should I get buffer?

and hey jackass, it's man, not men. Men means more than one and most days there's only one guy in my head.

I have those 2 kinds of shrooms also. It seems a few times a day the purple one will shrivel up and do the whole expell the guts thing. Then a short while later its fine and looking great. My green has already grown another shroom from its base and it always fully extended. My purple is beginning to split i believe, but at any rate, i'm not to worried about it. If it dies, fine cuz i really don't want it to multiply and overrun everything.

Mine don't inflate though, and I'm worried. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because the light is too strong for darker mushrooms. cuz they kinda extend their stalks and face away from the light. I'd like to move them but don't really know how to get them off the rock without damaging them or get them to attach in a new place.

Just slice them off with a razor blade and put them in a cup filled with rock rubble. They will attach in a few days. You can also test your theory this way by placing the cup in a lower light area.

That aside, my light is the 96w quad so i have more light over my 10g than you. Have you tested your alk and calcium? SG? Could there be something like an aiptasia or other pest under the coral stinging it? Maybe you have a pest hitchiker that has been bothering the shroom. Just a few thoughts.

i don't have a test for calcium but I know it's not low. Can it be too high?

I don't see any pests, only the purples are deflated and they are stretching their stalks a bit too. I tried moving the rock to an area with less light but they look about the same and all the moving pissed the other ones off. Everything else in the tank seems happy. I have a good population of feather dusters and tube worms in my rocks. I'm starting to see a few pods run around the rocks too (i hope not bad ones). There's a spiny oyster that isn't dead, but i haven't seen him do much of anything(he's in the back) and some other mollusk that's doing well. Snails and hermits are doing well, coralline is growing. I'm a little curious about the macro in my fuge, one type is getting very dark green, and the others look kinda faded and wilted a little. My fish seems pretty happy but kinda skiddish when there's movement near that tank.

It's a yellow tail damsel. Will it ever get comfortable enough not to dart into the rocks when I enter my room?

Archived