• fishfreak0114
    • ChristopherDido
    • teenyreef
    • natalia_la_loca
    • MedievalITGuy
    • hinnenkm
    • ajmckay

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/2018 at 07:00 PM

Awwwww....close but no cigar LOL.  Congrats to teeny and fishfreak and everyone for a job well done!!!!  And an extra special thanks to those that voted for my pico :wub:.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
fishfreak0114

Congratulations to the winners!!  Thank you Felicia, and PJ, and Christopher Marks for putting on this awesome contest!  And thank you to everyone who followed along with my pico!  And thank you to everyone who voted for my coffee pot! :) 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I would like to thank the organizers of the contest, and specially call out Felicia for the unending hours she put in keeping the contest information current and organized.  I would also like to thank all the NRF members who have expressed their support for my tank.  It was wonderful being favorably compared to two of the Pico Reef Royalty in Gena and Teenyreef for a week.

I learned an enormous amount about keeping pico reefs and will continue to do so!

• Like 12
ChristopherDido
49 minutes ago, OldManSea said:

I would like to thank the organizers of the contest, and specially call out Felicia for the unending hours she put in keeping the contest information current and organized.  I would also like to thank all the NRF members who have expressed their support for my tank.  It was wonderful being favorably compared to two of the Pico Reef Royalty in Gena and Teenyreef for a week.

I learned an enormous amount about keeping pico reefs and will continue to do so!

I second all of this! Could not have said it better myself! 

• Like 4

Congrats to teeny and fishfreak!  You both are certainly deserving.  Thanks to those who pulled this contest together and also to the sponsors!  Finally thanks to all the contestants who made this such a fun contest to participate in together!

• Like 5

Wow! @gena and @OldManSea had amazing entries! And I knew @fishfreak0114 was making some good coffee from day one of the contest :D

But there were so many cool and creative entries in this contest. There really wasn't a single entry that I didn't like, to be honest. Congratulations to all who entered, whether they made it to the finish or not. I think we all learned a lot from every entry. Thanks for @Felicia for putting this together and tirelessly nagging us for our monthly pictures, and to the sponsors for being so generous. :flower:

• Like 7
fishfreak0114
12 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Wow! @gena and @OldManSea had amazing entries! And I knew @fishfreak0114 was making some good coffee from day one of the contest :D

But there were so many cool and creative entries in this contest. There really wasn't a single entry that I didn't like, to be honest. Congratulations to all who entered, whether they made it to the finish or not. I think we all learned a lot from every entry. Thanks for @Felicia for putting this together and tirelessly nagging us for our monthly pictures, and to the sponsors for being so generous. :flower:

Thanks, and well said!

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Congratulations to the winners @teenyreef and @fishfreak0114! Many thanks to @Felicia for hosting the contest and to our community sponsors as well for these incredible prizes!

I am amazed by all of the clever pico container designs that entered into the contest, you all really pushed some boundaries with all these little experiments and I think made some awesome discoveries! Everyone should be very proud of all that has been accomplished, pico jars and vases are a budding new genre in the hobby, and a significant foundation has been built for future hobbyists. I'm excited to see many of these pico containers continuing forward as well, I can't wait to see what they become!

Bravo everyone! Hopefully we can get another build contest going again soon, start brainstorming ideas!

• Like 8
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Creative Container Contest - Final Results
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

This needs to come back for 2019.  I have some plans.

There are some things that I might have done differently.  I'd probably be willing to do another build as a do over.  But without the push of a contest (not that I'm ever competitive), I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't start another pico.

Maybe even less restrictions, except for total size.  All containers (even goldfish and betta bowls) allowed, any equipment (even sumps), and no budget.  Although I'm thinking of something really ghetto (if that's still politically correct to say).

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic