Coral Vue Hydros

Any such thing as 3 gallon pico fish?

AlmightyJoshaeus

AlmightyJoshaeus

Hello all! Long time no post. Anyhow, I just started setting up a 3 gallon macroalgae tank and wanted to know what - if any - fish would work. The fish list in the beginner's guide listed the following;

-Blue Neon Goby**
-Catalina Goby [cold water]
-Clown Gobies**
-Eviota Gobies
-Panda (Clown) Goby
-Redhead Goby**
-Trimma Goby
-Yellow Neon Goby**

Would any of these fishes (sans the catalina goby) work? Or should I just expect to stay with inverts? Thanks

AlmightyJoshaeus

Are any of these fish jumpers? The tank is currently open topped and, as a XL critter keeper, lacks an easy way to put a transparent lid on.

Nearly every fish is a jumper in a pico. You wouldn't think green banded gobies would jump but it happened to me multiple times in my 4g. 

MainelyReefer
On 4/1/2018 at 4:10 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I had a little bimaculatus blenny in my jar, he was the cutest! Around the size and shape of a gbg.

He died that doesn't really count it wasn't even more than a few months.  Long term viability is what I believe is being asked here.

Green banded goby all the way. They are very active.  Mine stayed out in the open all the time.  I've had the trimma and eviota gobies, and while pretty, they don't move around a whole bunch.  Just my $0.02.

All gobies are jumpers... you would think because they sit on the bottom they would not jump... but oh yes they do! Greenbanded is my favorite if you are able to get a lid.

• 3 weeks later...