ReefCleaners.org

fusion 10 rockscape critique/advice please!

lizzyann

Hi! I'm setting up my first saltwater aquarium (after many years of fw planted tanks) and could use some advice on my rock scape. I like how it looks but I'm wondering if this is enough rock. Are there plenty of good spaces for a variety of corals? I still haven't done enough research on coral placement, so I'm wondering if the top part has too much vertical surface instead of horizontal? Is there enough rock for biological filtration? I'm guessing it's not even 5lbs, and I have at least 10lb more that I could break up and play with. I don't have specific stocking goals at the moment and am just trying to create a pretty balanced scene with rock surface, sand space, swim space, and enough clearance for easy glass cleaning while still being interesting visually. Thank you for the critiques!

MVIMG_20180329_105323.jpg

MVIMG_20180329_105332.jpg

MVIMG_20180329_105347.jpg

5 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Hi! I'm setting up my first saltwater aquarium (after many years of fw planted tanks) and could use some advice on my rock scape. I like how it looks but I'm wondering if this is enough rock. Are there plenty of good spaces for a variety of corals? I still haven't done enough research on coral placement, so I'm wondering if the top part has too much vertical surface instead of horizontal? Is there enough rock for biological filtration? I'm guessing it's not even 5lbs, and I have at least 10lb more that I could break up and play with. I don't have specific stocking goals at the moment and am just trying to create a pretty balanced scene with rock surface, sand space, swim space, and enough clearance for easy glass cleaning while still being interesting visually. Thank you for the critiques!

MVIMG_20180329_105323.jpg

MVIMG_20180329_105332.jpg

MVIMG_20180329_105347.jpg

:welcome:

i think it looks nice so far. You’re off to a great start!