ReefCleaners.org

Life on the road - and a BioCube at home

Cpl_Wiggles

Cpl_Wiggles

As I slowly shut down my tank and transfer my stock to a friend's 7 gallon, I'm looking forward to settling down again in California and use lessons learned to start my new tank.

But problem statement! My job will keep me on the road for up to three weeks at a time this summer - while the temperatures at home will get near 100. 

I plan on keeping my BioCube to cut down on evaporation...but what can I actually stock a tank with? Good news in August I will be home full time. I really will only be gone twice for three weeks.

Thoughts?

Cpl_Wiggles

After doing some thinking - I can put a small pump in Chamber 1 of the BioCube 16 and a Peltier chiller outside. Chill the water from bottom of chamber 1 through the aluminum block and dump it into chamber 2. 

This will allow me to keep the temperature down if I am gone for a couple weeks. 

Looking to put together a good aquascape and start with some hardy corals and mushrooms. Might stay away from leathers, duncans, etc.