Cultivated Reef

AIO Water Level

jswidorski

So I have a 25 Gallon Lagoon from IM.

Where do I set the water level in the tank when then tank is off? 

Do I have the level of water of both sides of the tank and overflow area the same?

Thanks in Advance.

No. The chambers have a lower water level than the display.

The middle chamber where the pump is, you want the water 1/2 inch down from baffle wall.

The other chambers are higher than this chamber but lower than display

You can set the water levels where you like in the rear, non intake chambers.  It may depend on the type of equipment you are running or if you want eliminate a waterfall noise.

You can raise, or lower the levels by adding new water, or subtracting with the filtration pump is ON

Always top off in the accessory or pump chambers.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for chiming in so late.  I recently got an AIO for the first time, and am wondering about the water level in the pump chamber when the pump is turned off.  Should the water level be below the baffles when the pump is running and when it is not running?  Should I always try to keep the water level below the baffles in the pump chamber?

I assume this because I dont want the water to overflow back into previous chambers?

On 3/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, Clown79 said:

No. The chambers have a lower water level than the display.

The middle chamber where the pump is, you want the water 1/2 inch down from baffle wall.

The other chambers are higher than this chamber but lower than display

I wanted to quote you for some help about my pump chambers water level in the AIO that I have.  My question is above.  Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, RedPhotog said:

Sorry for chiming in so late.  I recently got an AIO for the first time, and am wondering about the water level in the pump chamber when the pump is turned off.  Should the water level be below the baffles when the pump is running and when it is not running?  Should I always try to keep the water level below the baffles in the pump chamber?

I assume this because I dont want the water to overflow back into previous chambers?

What Aio do you have?

When I turn my pumps off during waterchanges, the water level in the back rises above baffles.

When I turn the pumps back on, it drops back to normal.

The first chambers the water level is higher than the return pump chamber. You should be topping up evaporated water everyday in the return chamber.

In the picture(my tank), the return chamber(3) the water is about 1/2 inch below top of baffle wall

20190909_225135.jpg

7 hours ago, RedPhotog said:

Which AIO tank? Theres different configurations between manufacturers. Either way, pump chamber water level matter most when its running, dont worry much about what it does when turned off. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

What Aio do you have?

When I turn my pumps off during waterchanges, the water level in the back rises above baffles.

When I turn the pumps back on, it drops back to normal.

The first chambers the water level is higher than the return pump chamber. You should be topping up evaporated water everyday in the return chamber.

In the picture(my tank), the return chamber(3) the water is about 1/2 inch below top of baffle wall

20190909_225135.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I have the waterbox 40.2. I think I have it where im suppose to, I was just concerned about the pump chambers water going over the baffles. When I turn the pump off it rises about an inch above the baffles. When it’s back on it lowers to about 3-4 inches below the baffle. 

78C32FAB-7F19-4081-92AC-3F1B5412C16E.jpeg

394A74AC-67CE-4FD0-B9ED-73D8483512D8.jpeg

9AAD0567-E7B7-4807-BD43-089520EBC7F8.jpeg

3324A791-EA86-48DE-8629-30DEA94AAFCA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Eliadoming

I had a similar tank, and one of the main issues was the fill-up. We got to look eventually for an excellent plumber to fix the pipe that was being used for it. It was the same with most of the lines around the house, and since my husband is not a master of such work, I would not risk our peace by letting him flood it. Sometimes it's easier and faster to get plumbing services in your area and deal with the issue carefree. I'm not sure how many times your partners have successfully fixed anything around the house without taking forever or breaking something, but mine never has.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, Eliadoming said:

I had a similar tank, and one of the main issues was the fill-up. We got to look eventually for an excellent plumber to fix the pipe that was being used for it. It was the same with most of the lines around the house, and since my husband is not a master of such work, I would not risk our peace by letting him flood it. Sometimes it's easier and faster to get plumbing services in your area and deal with the issue carefree. I'm not sure how many times your partners have successfully fixed anything around the house without taking forever or breaking something, but mine never has.

It's actually true that getting a knowledgeable plumber that works fast is not that easy now.