inTank Media Baskets

Bta help

Sareefer101

Sareefer101

Hi guys.

I got a bubble tip anemone last week Wednesday. It has moved to a spot with medium flow and low light. Im worried that the area its in does not have sufficient light for it to thrive, mushrooms even reach out for light in that area. Other than that the bubble tip anemone looks to be well healthy.

Is there anything I should do, like move it or cut down or raise flow?

Leave it. If it's unhappy, it's going to go walking all on it's own. BTA's are famous for wandering around a tank to find a happy place. If it's found it, leave it alone. It's also common for them to spend years in a particular spot and then up and move around for no apparent reason. Most nems are like that except maybe rockflower nems.

• Like 3

It moved to that area because thats where it wants to be. If its not happy with the light and flow in its new location, it will move again.

This is what anemones do, they move. They really can't be controlled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leave it where it is and monitor where it moves. my green bta moved minutes within me putting it in the tank. it settled in a crevice and has been there for a while.

• Thanks 1

The only tome I would worry about it moving, is if it’s headed for a pump, regardless of screens. Other than that I would recommend taking as much of a hands off approach as you can with the anemones. 

I find that, both I and my anemones are much happier when we don’t have expectations of each other. :)

• Thanks 1
The Reef Novice
On 3/29/2018 at 1:43 AM, Sareefer101 said:

Another question sorry. Is this a rainbow bubble tip?

2018-03-25-17-46-12.jpg

Yes that’s definitely a rainbow BTA I have two of them.

• Thanks 1