Coral Vue Hydros

Help ID Worms in Live Rock

IlliniMed

Hello! Was hoping you guys could help me ID some creepy crawler (Don't know if they are multiple of them since it seems like legs are sticking out from everywhere on the live rock) Don't know if they are Bristle are serpent star? Would love some help on this issue because it's kinda creepy! It looks like maybe 2 types? I have a video but don't know how to upload on here. Thank you 

IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.a681661422db612f080a50cd3a1022df.jpegIMG_2003.thumb.jpeg.077d3ab42a95a8bea7257dc82406cd1d.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

Just now, tdannhauser30 said:

bottom red guy is  bristle  worm.. other looks more starfishy to me

Would you say to try and get the bristle worm out? 

Bottom two pics are a bristleworm. Some people don’t like bristleworms but they are essentially free clean up crew, just be careful about touching them , they sting. 

The top pic is difficult to see but it looks like it tapers to a point?  It looks more like brittle star legs to me but gonna need a better look. Try squirting some food near the hole (preferably something meaty) and see if they start waving their legs out, brittle stars use those spines on their legs to capture food and transfer it to their mouth.  I love mine, they’re cool to watch. 

tdannhauser30

Ehhhh all personal opinion lol. I just recently found them in my tank after 4+ years and am leaving them I guess. They definitely gross me out a bit but they dont eat coral, really just part of your clean up crew. However I did immediately want them out when i found a few and the way I removed a good bit of them was with a homemade bottle trap. Google or look up on this site DIY bristle worm trap and youll find what I am talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, IlliniMed said:

Any way I can post a video on here for you gents to see? 

Upload to Youtube or a similar sharing site. Top guy does look like a star. Bristleworms are gross but I've never seem them cause a problem myself.