SaltCritters.com

Show me your Nanocube 6 LED

uwharrie

Just purchased a JBL Nanocube 6. Would love to see others set up. Not sure what I want to do with mine though seahorses are one I consider 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, ColonialReef said:

large.nanocube62.jpg.cbaa96588bc6d9e805d53ba9a1126a86.jpg

This was my nano six from a couple years ago. They are a great tank, but you may want to upgrade the pump.

what pump did you upgrade to?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this was not a popular tank. I did have issues with the lights but the company is sending out a new hood. ( great customer service)

Once the lights are up and running will start measuring water parameters then figure what I will keep in it.

on the list ( not together)

Rock flower and assorted Nems

Soft corals, a goby, couple of shrimp

Dwarf sea horses ( not sure I want to go there due to them eating only live pods)

I am open to suggestions for stocking a small ( 6 gal) tank with stock LED lights

• 9 months later...

I converted this tank to a fresh plant tank. Dang what an easy tank to maintain. I have two Beta, an Algae eater ( which I know will out grow)  4 Neon Tetras and a loach. plus 5 ghost shrimp.  So far not doing Co2 dosing. At least now I can work on my reef tank more

• 4 months later...

I have the 6 gallon LED version, one year old. The leds died, bought multiple drivers to try and fix it. 6w Meanwell 350ma because they don't sell factory replacement. Still didn't work, the leds themselves are junk. Putting a Blueacro LED setup in the hood now.

Pump is noisy so going with the mj606. Other than the crappy odds and ends I love the tank, the major pro being the lack of evaporation.