SaltCritters.com

CSR’s Lucky Lagoon 25 - 2 Year!!

CarolinaShoreReef

CarolinaShoreReef

Whats everyone’s verdict? My plan to let the lagoon go fallow for 8weeks just Incase there were any parasites was sort of infiltrated by the yasha goby. He has been exposed to the clowns and TS blenny in the five for ca. week now and no signs of any sort of parasites. I’m thinking to just add the yasha and clowns to the lagoon now while I’m doing a wc on the 5g. I ran my fallow plan by the LFS and they said they hadn’t ever seen ich or anything in the lagoon but that that didn’t really say much as to whether it had any.. same thinking as I. Here’s the lagoons parameters, it’s in check. I’d like to give these fish some more stable water temps, because as some of you know the, the 5g can go through some crazy swings. 78-84... What are your thoughts? Sorry I like to overthink things before I do them?

image.jpg

CarolinaShoreReef

I’m also going to be doing an “invasive” wc in the 5g by removing all of the glued down zoas and dipping them then searching for eggs because I saw a nudi in there yesterday ?. Tiki, my presumably female, clownfish gets really stressed out from water changes and so I believe it would be a good idea to get her out of there. 

If you move them just don't add any fish for awhile so you can observe. It's a real pita when you come down with ich and need to treat/remove a ton of fish. 

I doubt the lfs would take notice to a small ich infestation... They probably didn't notice the nudis either. They have other tanks and a business to run... Whereas we stay home and obsess and notice every tiny change. 

Why no alk reading? 

• Thanks 1
CarolinaShoreReef
7 minutes ago, vu.dao said:

Lol no move sir. 

What would be your reason for not moving? Just wondering. 

2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

If you move them just don't add any fish for awhile so you can observe. It's a real pita when you come down with ich and need to treat/remove a ton of fish. 

I doubt the lfs would take notice to a small ich infestation... They probably didn't notice the nudis either. They have other tanks and a business to run... Whereas we stay home and obsess and notice every tiny change. 

Why no alk reading? 

I hear you on that. I get mixed responses here because when I first ran the fallow idea everyone was saying it was pointless to do lol. I now think it is since the clowns have been exposed to a fish from that tank.. I just want what’s best for all of them. 

Theres no alkalinity is there supposed to be???

jk lol I had read it before going at 8-9. 

CarolinaShoreReef
4 minutes ago, vu.dao said:

sorry i read your post wrong. lol as far as going fallow, I would just keep an eye on your current livestock. Maybe set up a QT if needed.

A qt?? My parents are trying to get rid of my tanks and me soon ?. I have to run everything by them. I have another Fluval Evo v that I could set up as a qt if you think it would suffice! If not Walmart sells a 10g kit for $30 I could pick up to set up as a qt but then I’d for sure be sent out lol. 

CarolinaShoreReef

FTS for today! Everything looks really happy and the RFAs are walking around doing their thing ??‍♀️ Still waiting on the BTA to do the same because i hate where it’s at.. I can’t see it without looking very hard but I can tell it likes where it’s at for now. 

image.jpg

• Like 2
CarolinaShoreReef
1 minute ago, Livia said:

The tank looks so good!!!!! I hope the clowns are ok

Thank you Livia!! The clowns are doing great I just don’t like that they’re seeing large temperature fluctuations in my 5g nano. Still deciding if I want to move them to this tank yet. It’s fully stable but I was going to run it fallow in the case of any parasites being in it from it’s previue setup. 

CarolinaShoreReef
14 minutes ago, vu.dao said:

I'm sure they'll follow through, they're very hardy fish. I would just observe for now.

There’s nothing wrong with my clownfish lol they attack me and the pipets every time I test for salinity ?. I think I need to clear up my post it looks like I’m confusing people haha 

CarolinaShoreReef

So everyone, my clownfish and yasha goby and TS blenny are all doing well in the 5g tank. They eat and play around with each other like good kids (Bar, my male clown, would say otherwise about my female clown lol, but that’s another issue?)  I just hate having them go through large temp fluctuations in that tank and I can do something about it by moving them to the lagoon.

I was originally going to run the lagoon fallow for 8 weeks, since I took it down from the lfs and started it up here, to be safe about parasites. I now think that plan was infiltrated by finding the yasha goby in the lagoon and putting it in the 5g with the other fish. I did this because the lagoon hadn’t settled yet and I had nowhere else to put him. 

I found a nudi in my 5g yesterday (I looked all around for them yesterday and today and didn’t find any more or any eggs or any closed up zoas). The lagoon doesn’t look like it has any nudi either. There’s only one colony of zoas closed up in the lagoon and I think it’s because I moved it to the sand whereas they had it in the middle of the tank. 

Ill be removing and dipping my zoas in my 5g anyways, and the one closed up colony in the lagoon for good measure, to be on the safe side. I’ll be dipping them every time I do a water change. 

My female clown gets stressed every time I do a water change because she feels very invaded in the small 5g. This only last for a couple of hours, however, and then she’s back to normal. I think it would be best to just move them to the lagoon where they’ll have more room and stability in temperature, as I mess around with the 5g for the next few weeks doing dips and what not. 

So im wondering if you were in my situation, would you just move the fish from the 5g to the lagoon already? The TS blenny is staying in the 5g though. 

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

-John

CarolinaShoreReef

I had bought a plate coral at the lfs that was discounted to $18 (it wasn’t selling) and a beautiful ultra RFA that looked like lava the day I picked up the lagoon and had them hold it for me. I may go and get the plate today but sadly the message got lost that the separated RFA was already sold and so it was resold. No worries though they always have something great for me at Fintastic. 

25 minutes ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

So everyone, my clownfish and yasha goby and TS blenny are all doing well in the 5g tank. They eat and play around with each other like good kids (Bar, my male clown, would say otherwise about my female clown lol, but that’s another issue?)  I just hate having them go through large temp fluctuations in that tank and I can do something about it by moving them to the lagoon.

I was originally going to run the lagoon fallow for 8 weeks, since I took it down from the lfs and started it up here, to be safe about parasites. I now think that plan was infiltrated by finding the yasha goby in the lagoon and putting it in the 5g with the other fish. I did this because the lagoon hadn’t settled yet and I had nowhere else to put him. 

I found a nudi in my 5g yesterday (I looked all around for them yesterday and today and didn’t find any more or any eggs or any closed up zoas). The lagoon doesn’t look like it has any nudi either. There’s only one colony of zoas closed up in the lagoon and I think it’s because I moved it to the sand whereas they had it in the middle of the tank. 

Ill be removing and dipping my zoas in my 5g anyways, and the one closed up colony in the lagoon for good measure, to be on the safe side. I’ll be dipping them every time I do a water change. 

My female clown gets stressed every time I do a water change because she feels very invaded in the small 5g. This only last for a couple of hours, however, and then she’s back to normal. I think it would be best to just move them to the lagoon where they’ll have more room and stability in temperature, as I mess around with the 5g for the next few weeks doing dips and what not. 

So im wondering if you were in my situation, would you just move the fish from the 5g to the lagoon already? The TS blenny is staying in the 5g though. 

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

-John

I say Move ‘em. 

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef

?? such a beautiful pair and I was introduced to them by a total accident. I’m so surprised they found each other so fast after being separated for a week. Do they have a call or something lol? Like seriously does the shrimp send out some clicks or something? All the fish ate today after the move which is really nice to see and they love it in the lagoon! ? 

54BA8B6A-CF2D-4E6C-812A-D9EA37DE8EDA.jpeg

17D1607A-7832-4504-B23F-430E7419C09A.jpeg

F5D647E9-0E57-4BB6-9701-1293FE3B1AA9.jpeg

EDD6644C-23E7-4D75-B7CD-DCD64DA741A1.png

• Like 2

Somebody pinch me, another lagoon thread to follow?!? 

Love it! I'm digging that scape. 

I'm going to go back and try to catch myself up and probably ask you about a few things!!! Everyone's lagoon is so different.

• Thanks 1
CarolinaShoreReef
1 minute ago, sugar said:

Somebody pinch me, another lagoon thread to follow?!? 

Love it! I'm digging that scape. 

I'm going to go back and try to catch myself up and probably ask you about a few things!!! Everyone's lagoon is so different.

And if you enjoy YouTube videos I have a channel I feature it and my Fluval Evo v on ?! 

Thanks Sugar! 

Ask away, I’d love to answer! 

CarolinaShoreReef

I had forgotten to mention this a few days ago, but when I first set up the GFO reactor I didn’t have it running properly and the GFO split into two columns. In between the columns was a bunch of live mysis shrimp in there having a party ? ??? I couldn’t get a clean pic but it was really weird to see. 

Has as anyone else experienced this?