Top Shelf Aquatics

CSR’s Lucky Lagoon 25 - 2 Year!!

CarolinaShoreReef

CarolinaShoreReef
3 hours ago, sugar said:

I'm digging that scape!!  Really neat and lots of spaces for fish to swim through.  Perfect for a cherub angel ;)

Thank you! No more fish for a while, I need to get the coral figured out and in check! 

Looking really good!! 

Do you have a lid for the tank? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I doubt I would ever run a tank without a lid. That's just me, and I know everyone has different opinions/experiences. I have had one of my clowns jump from the display into a rear chamber before, so I just wanted to give you my two cents!

• Thanks 1
Just now, kimberbee said:

Looking really good!! 

Do you have a lid for the tank? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I doubt I would ever run a tank without a lid. That's just me, and I know everyone has different opinions/experiences. I have had one of my clowns jump from the display into a rear chamber before, so I just wanted to give you my two cents!

I read this post and I think I had posted it!!! I had the same experience and I will never run a tank without a lid.  I know a lot of people have great luck with fish not jumping, but I have not been so fortunate. :( 

Clowns are supposed to be jumpers, but I have had two jump into the back chambers! ...in fact, both times I HAD a lid but there was a 0,5 inch gap,  So unlucky.

• Like 1
burtbollinger

the more i look at the rock work the more impressive it is....incredible skeleton to build on top of.    tremendous potential for something very special.

• Thanks 1
CarolinaShoreReef
11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Looking really good!! 

Thank you!!  I’ll build one soon. They were fine in the 5g lidless but I’d also hate to find fish chips one day. Also, I enjoy all of your videos, keep it up! 

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef
11 minutes ago, sugar said:

I read this post and I think I had posted it!!! I had the same experience and I will never run a tank without a lid.  I know a lot of people have great luck with fish not jumping, but I have not been so fortunate. :( 

Clowns are supposed to be jumpers, but I have had two jump into the back chambers! ...in fact, both times I HAD a lid but there was a 0,5 inch gap,  So unlucky.

Wow that’s unfortunate, sorry to hear that. I’ll definitely be making one soon I just really hate the look of it. ?

9 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

the more i look at the rock work the more impressive it is....incredible skeleton to build on top of.    tremendous potential for something very special.

I think we can get this tank looking really good here. Rearranging coming soon...

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef

Just finished up cutting into some palys and zoas live. No euphoric feelings here yet. Pic of the tank rearrangements coming soon. 

CarolinaShoreReef

Did a lot of stuff here. 

-Built a shelf inside the cabinet that can be taken down very easily whenever I need to. (Idea taken from @kimberbee) 19”H x 20.5”W x 16.5”L 

-Mounted the power strips and some leds at the top with heavy duty Velcro 

-Rearranged the corals in the tank and took out all of the zoas that I don’t want in there (the 5g has become a dump for them) 

•Right rock is the zoa garden

•Left branch rock is going to be an acan      garden 

•I only have the location for two chalices picked out. 

BE72FB97-B9ED-4BED-B4AD-E4377208AC56.jpeg

22EDDEC9-5BB6-4826-A2DF-FEC5934CB692.jpeg

134B424E-C3EF-4286-84DC-26D5510019E5.jpeg

BA761F95-1CE1-46F8-AFC5-54E6D2E89E63.jpeg

4F7D66B1-C03E-4CCD-B4D3-B7206C451075.jpeg

1E02BC5B-E638-4D8B-A999-5C51AA6F4532.jpeg

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Looking awesome!

Thank you! I finally got the matrix put into a bag for easy cleaning. I’m thinking of turning one of the chambers into a mini fuge now since I’ve removed the reactor.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Thank you! I finally got the matrix put into a bag for easy cleaning. I’m thinking of turning one of the chambers into a mini fuge now since I’ve removed the reactor.

Why did you remove the reactor? Just curious.

CarolinaShoreReef
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Why did you remove the reactor? Just curious.

It’s stripping all of my phosphates out even at a smaller dose than what’s recommended. I’m going to monitor what my phosphates are at and if I need to use it I still have it on hand. 

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef
8 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Hey man! Really like your aquasxape, it definitely has some potential when you fill it up and let it grow in!

Thank you! I’m still working on my vision for it but I’ve got most of it down now. 

I am running Seachem Matrix also.  Not sure what kind of effect it has yet, if any.  I think it's been in there about two months now if I'm remembering correctly!  I have 500mL in mesh bags in the back chambers. 

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef
7 minutes ago, sugar said:

I am running Seachem Matrix also.  Not sure what kind of effect it has yet, if any.  I think it's been in there about two months now if I'm remembering correctly!  I have 500mL in mesh bags in the back chambers. 

I know that the matrix In This tank has been in here for about a year. I’ll end up leaving one of the chambers with it and then see how I can turn the other into a fuge. 

21 hours ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

I know that the matrix In This tank has been in here for about a year. I’ll end up leaving one of the chambers with it and then see how I can turn the other into a fuge. 

Omg even better! Jealous! Keep us updated on the Matrix. Very curious.

• Like 1