Coral Vue Hydros

New 57 Deep Blue Edge

reefinnewb

After almost 4 years with a Solana 34 gallon cube, it's time to make a small upgrade. Moving to a deep blue 57 Gallon. Had a line on a 110 gallon full set up but decided against it. It would take too much room and money on upkeep than I am ready for at this point. I even had the wife's ok!!

I am going to be starting the stand this weekend. My dad is a cabinet maker by trade so him and I will be working together. 

Just ordered a Somatic 60 sump, the return basket and prefilter. I will have some more updates soon. For right now that's all I have. 

Tank: Deep Blue 57 gallon edge

Sump: Somatic 60

Skimmer: Somatic s60

Return Pump: Jeboa DC S6000

Lighting: CNCReef 36" Hybrid. 2 Evil Clusters with two 24" t5ho lamps

Flow: Ecotech MP40qdw and Tunze Nanostream 

Controller: Apex Classic

This will be a mixed tank. Mainly LPS and easy SPS. Currently have Digitatas, and capricornus. 

• Like 1

Picked up 40lbs of special grade sand over the weekend. Stand will be started within the next week or so. Some big jobs came up in the shop so it was put on hold for now until he finishes up. 

Deciding on lighting yet. Waiting to hear back from @jedimasterbenregarding a hybrid fixture. It would match the furniture perfectly. :)

Sump will be delivered today. 

Stocking list so far:

2 Clowns ( Current inhabitants)

Blenny of some sort, possibly bicolor. Had one in the past and was a lot of fun.

Then a few swimmers that will move the length of the tank. Undecided.

Sump and skimmer arrived. I also ordered the return pump chamber and prefilter. 

My pile of stuff keeps growing. Once the stand is complete it'll all come together. I'll start grabbing plumbing items in the mean time.

IMG_20180327_181332.jpg

IMG_20180327_182243.jpg

IMG_20180327_181943.jpg

IMG_20180327_182237.jpg

IMG_20180327_182317.jpg

• Like 2

Finalized lighting, flow, and controller. Added to the description. Will be gathering plumbing parts in the coming week. I will then be all set to get the actual build started!! 

• Like 1

Top notch! Super happy with it all. Can't wait to get it all set up and running. The wait on the stand is slowly killing me. Might be a few more weeks too.. Seeing all of my equipment there in a pile is tough. It's also hard to hide new stuff from the wife when it isn't instantly set up on the tank. LOL. 

• 1 month later...
reefinnewb

Finally some updates. Got the stand and everything set up. Have some wiring to fix yet. It was 1130pm. I will be upgrading the light this week. I'll have some more pictures up soon.

IMG_20180504_074346.jpg

IMG_20180504_074331.jpg

reefinnewb

Full tank shot as it stands. Also printed a tablet wall mount so I can mount my tablet to control the Apex. 

IMG_20180508_114636_01.jpg

IMG_20180508_114142_01.jpg

Elizabeth94

Nice dimensions on this tank. Is that water height the way it is with the return running? I found this tank online without the overflow installed but its pretty pricey and I am reading mixed answers to whether these are safe to drill on the back panel. 

reefinnewb

Yes but I'm doing a Herbie style. Need to adjust it. It might be different with the stick plumbing. I will have it higher.