Top Shelf Aquatics

Possibly scammed by Adamhicks1988

reefinnewb

Traded an MP10 with a user on here. Was supposed to send it. Provided me with a tracking number but it has yet to update. I went to PM him and now shows deleted user. His name is Adamhicks1988. I might be jumping the gun but a quick search found he scammed others a few years back. Hope I'm wrong.

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, reefinnewb said:

Yea and using his address.... Found him on Facebook and his mom or wife. I'll wait a day or two and send a message. 

Oh yeah baby, and all his coworkers! 

• Haha 2
tdannhauser30

public shaming best course of action in my humble opinion. IF nothing else, makes me feel better to tell the person, family and close friends what scum they are lol

CarolinaShoreReef

Dang sorry to hear that. What do the conversation exchanges look like for these scams? Curious to know bc I think it can help others not make the same mistake. 

HarryPotter
7 minutes ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Dang sorry to hear that. What do the conversation exchanges look like for these scams? Curious to know bc I think it can help others not make the same mistake. 

Usually someone with almost no posts or feedback. They’ll want to either get paid using Friends and Family or ask you to ship something before they pay. Always check the post history of the person you are buying from, especially if they have under 50 posts. Some people join, comment “‘Nice!” on 25 threads, and are allowed on the classifieds. 

• Like 4
CarolinaShoreReef
8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Usually someone with almost no posts or feedback. They’ll want to either get paid using Friends and Family or ask you to ship something before they pay. Always check the post history of the person you are buying from, especially if they have under 50 posts. Some people join, comment “‘Nice!” on 25 threads, and are allowed on the classifieds. 

Okay thank you, Harry. That's really shady.. 

gone_PHiSHin

sorry dude, hopefully it is just a mix up somehow

now if he doesn't respond to your FB message or denies it or whatever...then we unleash the hounds! :furious:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Hoping it's a mix up but I highly doubt it from seeing the proof of other victims. If I don't see it today as he said I should have gotten yesterday, I'll send him a FB message along with a few other people, might join some of his other forums and let people know what happened and to beware. 

• Like 1
MainelyReefer

You have his address and real name sign him up for some stupid shit!  

https://www.olympiaprovisions.com/products/sausage-of-the-month-club

https://spicysubscriptions.com/lubeofthemonth

those cost money though and this guy seems like he might fancy getting a box of lubey sausage.

telling everyone he knows through social media what a childish douche he is will have to suffice.  Good luck!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

You have his address and real name sign him up for some stupid shit!  

https://www.olympiaprovisions.com/products/sausage-of-the-month-club

https://spicysubscriptions.com/lubeofthemonth

those cost money though and this guy seems like he might fancy getting a box of lubey sausage.

telling everyone he knows through social media what a childish douche he is will have to suffice.  Good luck!

There's always this 

www.poopsenders.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

There's always this 

www.poopsenders.com

I actually had this in mind. Funny someone else knows about this site. 

Facebook message sent. The clock starts. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, reefinnewb said:

Says I sent him a broken MP10, it blinks red.... It worked when I shipped it.

Tell him to send it back and see what he says 

And ask why he deleted his account as soon as he made the deal before the item arrived

HarryPotter
4 minutes ago, reefinnewb said:

Says I sent him a broken MP10, it blinks red.... It worked when I shipped it.

Yep, tell him to send it back. I call buuuuuulll. It would be great if you had a photo of the serial number to make sure he didn't swap it. 

• Like 2

I do! lol I sent him a picture of the back of the unit. So I have the pictures.

He's sending it back today. I'll see what happens.

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Possibly scammed by Adamhicks1988