Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Blue Hypnea

blizzardscout2

blizzardscout2

Hello, I have some blue hypnea that is a beautiful blue and purple color. I would like to give some away to whoever would like some as long as you pay for the shipping. USPS Priority. I have maybe 4 2" pieces. Post on here and IM me. Thanks!

Reese

• Like 2
Tom@HaslettMI
1 minute ago, micoastreefing said:

I LOVE blue hypnea.  I had a big bunch that got devoured by one of my snail. PM incoming.

I’m about to send $. If two bunches fit in a box (and you ever come to the Lansing area) we could split shipping. 

Tom

mitten_reef
1 minute ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

I’m about to send $. If two bunches fit in a box (and you ever come to the Lansing area) we could split shipping. 

Tom

I do have a job trip coming up right in the heart of lansing - the date hasn't been finalized yet tho, so rather not deal with coordinating. Appreciate the offer.  

• 3 weeks later...
blizzardscout2

Okay! All 4 have been shipped out and should be to you on Wednesday April 11th. The color may not be a deep blue due to being on the bottom of my tank. A large section needed to be removed from my main colony if you will. It will color right up. Enjoy!

• Like 2
mitten_reef

just went out to look at my mailbox, got mine too!  Didn't follow the thread, or else would have check the mail box since 9-10am when USPS delivers.  Glad it's not too cold today. 

What r u guys doing with introducing to the tank?  I rinsed with tank water, (the bag water smells a bit) and right now it's just floating in a bag.  I haven't got any algae shipped before, any special protocol?

I just put mine right in. I like the critters macro usually comes with. Not sure what dips would be safe... I have used freshwater on less fragile macro but not sure on this one.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
8 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I just put mine right in. I like the critters macro usually comes with. Not sure what dips would be safe... I have used freshwater on less fragile macro but not sure on this one.

ok, thanks.  I wasn't gonna go to the length of dipping it or anything like that.  So it sounds like rinse and drop it in is good.  And yes, on the little critters (you're talking about pods, I'm guessing?), I'm hoping this will introduce a small population as well as a refuge for them in my tank.   

blizzardscout2

I'm glad they got there okay, you're welcome! As far as introducing I would just rinse with some tank water and put it in. I am not aware of a safe dip for algae.

Reese

• Like 1
blizzardscout2

Sorry, I need to send another piece to someone as there's didn't make the trip. Then I need to let it grow. Maybe next time.

• Recommended Discussions