Cultivated Reef

Hitchhiker identification needed please!

anniebanana267

anniebanana267

Hi guys, I just bought my first set of live rock and when I got home I realized I got some hitchhikers. I have no idea what they are and I can’t find them on google. Can someone tell me if they’ve ever seen them before, what they’re called, what they eat, etc? Anything would help. I actually love the little guys and I want to make sure they’re safe. Also, I’m actually in the process of cycling my tank. Ammonia’s currently at 2 ppm, and salinity is at 1.022. Is this okay for them? Included picture and here’s a link to a video I took (https://streamable.com/83shb). Thanks in advance.

46D38FCC-6453-426B-A059-4FBDA33CBB2E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, anniebanana267 said:

Hi guys, I just bought my first set of live rock and when I got home I realized I got some hitchhikers. I have no idea what they are and I can’t find them on google. Can someone tell me if they’ve ever seen them before, what they’re called, what they eat, etc? Anything would help. I actually love the little guys and I want to make sure they’re safe. Also, I’m actually in the process of cycling my tank. Ammonia’s currently at 2 ppm, and salinity is at 1.022. Is this okay for them? Included picture and here’s a link to a video I took (https://streamable.com/83shb). Thanks in advance.

46D38FCC-6453-426B-A059-4FBDA33CBB2E.jpeg

Stomatella Snails. They are good guys. 

• Like 1
anniebanana267

Additional question: I’ve read that some shrimps eat them, and I’m rather disappointed since I was planning on getting some shrimps for my tank. Can someone give me a list of the shrimps that are safe for them? 

14 minutes ago, anniebanana267 said:

Additional question: I’ve read that some shrimps eat them, and I’m rather disappointed since I was planning on getting some shrimps for my tank. Can someone give me a list of the shrimps that are safe for them? 

I wouldn’t really worry but any “cleaner shrimp” should be fine. ...Or small shrimp like Sexy Shrimp. 

• Like 1
anniebanana267
15 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I wouldn’t really worry but any “cleaner shrimp” should be fine. ...Or small shrimp like Sexy Shrimp. 

That’s awesome I love those. Thanks so much for all your help!

• Like 1
anniebanana267

Actually I have another question. I’ve noticed some weird plant looking things that came with my live rock as well. I thought they were normal at first but I’m beginning to worry they might be aiptasia. Can someone help?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, anniebanana267 said:

Actually I have another question. I’ve noticed some weird plant looking things that came with my live rock as well. I thought they were normal at first but I’m beginning to worry they might be aptasia. Can someone help?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not Aiptasia. :)  

looks like some leftover algae of some sort. 

anniebanana267
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Not Aiptasia. :)  

looks like some leftover algae of some sort. 

God you’re such a lifesaver! Thank you so much ?❤️

• Like 1