Cultivated Reef

Stocking question

Lizbeth90

Depends on what fish you plan to add and your individual tank. A dwarf angel would be a lot of mess vs a yasha goby.

I have 4 fish in my 22g and struggle to get any measurable Nitrate but others struggle to keep algae at bay with just 3 fish. So really depends on your tank/filtration/cleaning habits, ect.

3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Depends on what fish you plan to add and your individual tank. A dwarf angel would be a lot of mess vs a yasha goby.

I have 4 fish in my 22g and struggle to get any measurable Nitrate but others struggle to keep algae at bay with just 3 fish. So really depends on your tank/filtration/cleaning habits, ect.

Maybe I should just stick to 3 lol I didn’t have any fish in mind. I clean my fish tank whenever I see some sort of algae or detritus which is now like barely any. Water changes once a week of 20%. For filtration I have a cheap skimmer,filter pads, I use crabon and gfo. I also have matrix in the back chamber. 

I wouldn't. Most clownfish can get in that 3-5" range as adults (especially the female) and the Royal Gramma, while smaller, is completely going to max out your bio-load in a FOWLR tank. If this is a reef tank, you're overloaded already. :)

• Thanks 1