Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tanacharison

HI Alonzo, I have had a crazy busy few months with visiting company, vacation and visiting grandchildren.  I am finally having a down day to catch up on other folks tanks.  Yours is looking good.  I love the pic of the blenny peeking out!

• Like 1
tanacharison
12 hours ago, vlangel said:

HI Alonzo, I have had a crazy busy few months with visiting company, vacation and visiting grandchildren.  I am finally having a down day to catch up on other folks tanks.  Yours is looking good.  I love the pic of the blenny peeking out!

Thanks Dawn! I think everyone has neglected NR the past few weeks your not alone. With the weather we are having who doesn't want to be outside with friends and family. At least your shrimp chalet is looking good while your away. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Thanks Dawn! I think everyone has neglected NR the past few weeks your not alone. With the weather we are having who doesn't want to be outside with friends and family. At least your shrimp chalet is looking good while your away. 

Yes, the shrimp chalet is doing wonderfully with hardly any maintenance.  I would love to add a pair of neon or rusty gobies but I hate to rock the boat.  Maybe in the fall when I can spend more time with the tank.

Are you going to the club picnic at Ted's house the last Saturday of July?

• Like 1
tanacharison
On 7/12/2018 at 11:01 AM, vlangel said:

Yes, the shrimp chalet is doing wonderfully with hardly any maintenance.  I would love to add a pair of neon or rusty gobies but I hate to rock the boat.  Maybe in the fall when I can spend more time with the tank.

Are you going to the club picnic at Ted's house the last Saturday of July?

No I’ve been MIA lol I’ll be in Florida that weekend. 

• Like 1
On 7/13/2018 at 7:27 PM, tanacharison said:

No I’ve been MIA lol I’ll be in Florida that weekend. 

Well, enjoy FL then.   And I have been MIA since my seahorse talk.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
tanacharison

August update, July sucked. I'm glad its over and we are approaching  pumpkin beer season.

• Lost power on 4th of July ( was not home or in area) everything back around 15 hours later. No fish deaths, just unhappy corals.
  • Hammer tree is overgrowing the little rock its on. Fish continue to knock over onto my favia garden. I would not be upset but the favias lose that battle and they cost way more. I did some trimmings.
  • Cyano is back in sump. No clue why
  • Vacation was fun last week but things suffered without my OCD maintenance. Lost a bunch of corals (most looked bad from the power outage) some are still doing fine with a dead branch.  

Happy to see this guy start taking off.

43716040022_0ab5e7f08c_z.jpg

My hammer left a bald spot on my LC Darth Maul. Still growing

43716037372_5a70304414_z.jpg

Found time to sneak on computer at the beach Saturday for the @Legendary Corals live Sale! 

43716040602_d06b6fbcb0_z.jpg

42860402715_6d7f368e0b_z.jpg

Speaking of LC this hammer is growing well and showing a really nice golden yellow.

42860402355_327fca4876_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy Holiday weekend! Minor photo update.

44448813971_4530889829_z.jpg

43539698205_e5d17f86f9_z.jpg

This frag of birds nest broke off and went missing for 2 months. I found it early July and its starting to take off again.

44448813231_d3fbf3b06c_z.jpg

Kinda mad on my placement but I'm hoping it grows so fast the location won't matter. GB Rapunzel Stylocoeniella

43539697215_dbece64bff_z.jpg

WWC Bizzaro Cyphastrea is already encrusting! It's neighbor kinda stalled, I think he wanted to grow into the overflow shadow. 

44448812821_660a37ca28_z.jpg

New favia starting to look good. LC Yellow Fever

43539696605_40e796e680_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7 Months after the tank transfer and the start of this build i'm starting to see better growth. Lost a ton of frags over the summer really trying to rush the stocking in this build and more or less because I was trying to please each species of coral. The skimmer is pulling a ton of junk out every few days and i'm still dosing pro-bio and np pro daily. I've just switched to benepets food mainly due to running out of reef-roids and mentally I think the probiotic helps. The fish are all still fat and healthy. 

11/26

32196081738_c0cdc99e5f_z.jpg

10//3

44448812821_660a37ca28_z.jpg

11/26

45343174254_bbfcd5409b_z.jpg

3/24

39869272970_dffe407154_z.jpg

11/26

32196081328_557c544c5e_z.jpg

7/10

28463729317_03df8f551c_z.jpg

11/26

32196081668_8773bea60f_z.jpg

7/10

28463729077_6f6cac7d5e_z.jpg

11/26 Contest frag still alive

32196081218_95c9e4419f_z.jpg

6/8

41782599605_b34b59e845_z.jpg

• Like 4
Christopher Marks
56 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

7 Months after the tank transfer and start of this build i'm are starting to see better growth.

That’s good to hear, and a relief I’m sure! It must be stabilized now after all the changes. That summer power outage sure didn’t help either! Did you have any trouble with water temps?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That’s good to hear, and a relief I’m sure! It must be stabilized now after all the changes. That summer power outage sure didn’t help either! Did you have any trouble with water temps?

The temperature dropped a few degrees but thankfully it was over the summer and it happened slow. I’ll look at adding new stuff after winter once I’m sure it’s stabilized.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

I just ordered some benereef, sounded like it was worth trying. 

How long have you been using it? 

I got a free sample a year ago and picked up a massive container at RAP. It should last me 2 years even adding it three times a week. I will say it’s a lot dirtier and I would recommend running floss or socks after using it and blow out your rocks. 

Supposedly it's not supposed to raise nutrients since it's all usable by reef inhabitants, including bacteria. They claim it can actually lower nutrients, but idk. 

Its got good reviews with people saying it delivered on the claims, so I wanted to give it a shot.

• Like 1

Hi Alonzo, your tank is looking good.  Sorry that you had a rough summer including a power outage.  Hopefully the worst is over and it's all progress from here.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, vlangel said:

Hi Alonzo, your tank is looking good.  Sorry that you had a rough summer including a power outage.  Hopefully the worst is over and it's all progress from here.

Thanks Dawn! Are you seeing the cyano in both tanks? I just started to get some in the cube.. maybe something in that river water 😂 I'm changing all my RO filters today. 

• Like 1

Tank is looking really good, and that growth is awesome! But... more importantly, how's the seasonal beer coming!!!

(also I'm excited to see your tanks bare-bottom  (seems dirty to say that) fill in with coral (that feels extra dirty,...))

• Like 1
10 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Thanks Dawn! Are you seeing the cyano in both tanks? I just started to get some in the cube.. maybe something in that river water 😂 I'm changing all my RO filters today. 

The seahorse tank is bare bottom so no cyano there.  Its only in the tank with sand and its only on the sand.  I have slowly been stocking that tank with more creatures and feeding heavier in hopes of changing the ratio more in keeping with a natural balance.  It might actually be working because the cyano looks like it might be fading.

I changed my resin a couple of weeks ago but I really need to change all the filters in my RO too.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Tank is looking really good, and that growth is awesome! But... more importantly, how's the seasonal beer coming!!!

(also I'm excited to see your tanks bare-bottom  (seems dirty to say that) fill in with coral (that feels extra dirty,...))

Beer is good! I just ordered a fresh keg and some additional toys that should make bottling a breeze. I see you like my bottom 😂 I wanted to cover the one side all with favia but its too hard to balance making them happy and the acros so I moved them all to the cube.

• 1 month later...

I’m considering shaking things up a bit with both tanks. Maybe downsize the cube and move some rock between both tanks. I have a 26 gallon shallow and stand just sitting around. 

1 hour ago, tanacharison said:

I’m considering shaking things up a bit with both tanks. Maybe downsize the cube and move some rock between both tanks. I have a 26 gallon shallow and stand just sitting around. 

Shaking things up?  R u just shuffling rocks around? Or r u starting the 26 from scratch with the corals that had been growing out in these other systems?  

• Like 1