tanacharison

tanacharison

26120044647_31ba251a0b_z.jpg

27119897138_be074fb45f_z.jpg

39181847780_16469777a4_z.jpg

26120041867_cdff3314d5_z.jpg

26120041237_92d80fd97d_z.jpg

Tank: American Aquariums Custom Acrylic 54 Gallon 36x22x18

Plumbing: Synergy Reef 16" Shadow Overflow, Blue 3/4" PVC return with RFG nozzles from Vivid Aquatics, WYE Check Valve
Sump: Advanced Acrylics Custom 20x16x16 with 3 Filter Socks and small Refugium section
ATO: Tunze Nano ATO in a Advanced Acrylics Black ATO 5x16x16 
Lighting: Nanobox ATI Retro with 4 V3.1 Arrays, 2 T5 Bulbs ATI Aquablue Special and ATI Coral Plus

Refugium Light: Nanobox Beam growing Caulerpa sp on live rock.
Flow: Tunze Nanostream 6045,  VarioS-4 Return pump
Skimmer: Ice Cap K2-120
Reactor: Avast Marine Media Reactor, with Aquaforest Zeo mix, Bulk Reef Supply ROX Carbon
Control: Apex Classic Controller
Heater: 2x Eheim Jager 125watt
Dosing: Aquamedic Evo 4 with Aquaforest components 1+,2+,3 and Acropower in containers
Water: BRS 5 Stage RODI plus water saver and booster pump

Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Biological Media: Brightwell Aquatics Xport-plate, Marinepure Spheres

Daily: Pro Bio S and NP Pro from Aquaforest, Frozen Pe Mysis, Saki- Hakari Marine Carnivore, AF Phyto

Every 2-3: Aquaforest Build, Energy, Vitality, Avast Marine Reef Jerky, Frozen Pe Calanus, Polyplab Reef Roids, Poly Booster, Coral Frenzy

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
tanacharison
On 3/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, Christopher Marks said:

You've built a really nice system @tanacharison, I love how all the gear is shown off. Very tidy work! The suspended Nanobox refugium light is a cherry on top ?

Thanks Mark, If all goes well I'll get the retro suspended above the display this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tanacharison
10 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Looking incredible! Still enjoying the light?

-Dave

Thanks Dave I absolutely love it! They really are a lot of light.. I only ever ran the LEDs at peak 50% blue and 30% for the rest on the 34 and the T5 runs a short 4 hour light cycle. I think I bumped everything up 7%-10% for the slightly deeper new tank.  All that said color and growth are amazing!

9 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Almost ready for a box ?

omgomgomgI'm ready when your ready! Alk stabled out post the AF switch and my cultivated reef order started encrusting.. things are looking good for new additions. 

7 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

What an awesome setup! 

I was just in downtown Pittsburgh last week for work, very cool city you guys have over there. 

Thanks a lot. Your tank is amazing.. I feel like everyone has had a low Alk issue lately, i'm sure your corals will recover. Probably too much growth :D I hate how much I love this city! Its only missing consistent weather seasons and some nearby ocean.  

• Like 1
tanacharison

I'm feeding this tank like crazy! Fish twice a day and coral every other day at night. So far everything seems happy and I'm still seeing good growth on my established coral.  New stuff is showing some encrusting but nothing crazy. Colors are insane... Alk is slowly increasing .1 every 4 days, I'm assuming with the growth it will just level off in a few weeks. I need another pump in the back corner to push up any uneaten food and even out the flow. I'm getting some cyanobacteria in the sump but I'm not growing any macro algae right now because I tossed the old stuff during my change over.  Tuesday is water change day and I need to replace media in the reactor anyways so I'll scrub down the sump and pull out everything.

I'll leave you with some favias looking for food...

40890962915_46f816ef89_z.jpg

26921744727_145e849002_z.jpg

I've renamed this rock hostile island because of how much fighting I have going on!

40890963605_ac0bc4043b_z.jpg

• Like 3
tanacharison

Sump is cleaned up! Changed out the Aquaforest Zeo and Carbon. Everything required a much larger water change than I wanted. It's crazy to think I've been using this sump for 5 years. Going to the laundromat to wash filter socks and stopping at LFS for some food, macro and maybe a power head?

27960573188_da9c14ea5f_z.jpg

26960879237_cfce5abba6_z.jpg

• Like 2
tanacharison
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

That sump looks too clean to be 5 years old. Amazing!

Thanks. I’m really ocd when it comes to cleaning the sump mainly because I enjoy looking at it as much as my display. It has lots of scratches from rock and maintenance but holds water like new. 

HarryPotter

Hope everything arrives well tomorrow! Only 19 hours in transit, they should be great! Think you ended up with 10 or 11 frags; 8 acros, and two small but well healed and encrusting frags of montipora- rainbow and undata. The plating Christmas montipora colony was too big for the box we were using unfortunately, and I can’t frag it right before I ship due to the slime. 

The purple bonsai is a bit browned out- I ran out of room on upper racks so it was with LPS- but it  fully encrusted the plug and branching so I’m sure it’ll color up relatively quickly.  

• Like 1