SaltCritters.com

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

Snow_Phoenix
49 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I guess the 'hitchiker' hammer coral is content to stay yellow/lemon lime.

I wasn't planning on a euphyllia garden but can't complain. I guess I need an orange octospawn and maybe some torches.

Looks really nice and colorful.

• Like 3

Sadly my pictus blenny went missing, my fav fish :tears: He was skinny when I bought him but I got him nice and fat. No signs of disease, just sleeping in longer but eating and then gone. I know they don't have a very long life span but.... idk. I will ad one to the macro tank I have when I find one.

Since he departed, I added a Bundoon Blenny, Yellow Coris Wrasse, and a Pearly Jawfish. The first two were for other tank but were not welcomed by the fish in them. The Leopard gave the Coris a hard time for a day but they are chill now. I won't be adding anymore fish as long as these guys stay alive and kickin. 

I also added a IM UV Sterilizer to the back. I always had little hints of dino (just enough to irritate corals) despite a good amount of Nitrate and somewhat acceptable (detectable but pretty low) phosphate. It seems to have taken care of it in about 3 days time. I do have some cyano hints on the sand bed though but it seems to be struggling to live. The sand is clean so I think its just trying to take the place of the dino, a little imbalance going on. It should work itself out.

My scraper blade got bent soooo waiting on a new one... so here are some hazy pics through dirty glass.

2019-05-27_10-30-43

2019-05-27_10-30-55

FINALLY got a hold of a Duncan 🙂 The simplest things seem to be the hardest to find. Just added it yesterday so it is settling in. 

2019-05-27_10-31-29

2019-05-27_10-31-37

and here are pics of some of the corals that came with the red sea tank I bought. It was a pleasant surprise as he never listed what was in the tank.

Red Lobo:  - (also holy crap my green plate is getting HUGE). 

2019-05-27_10-31-44

A torch, it was in pretty bad shape but recovering nicely, has some hints of gold that seem to be returning.

2019-05-27_10-31-50

this acan? too 🙂

2019-05-27_10-30-49

and this crazy ass yellow hammer as well as the green.. torch??? above it.

2019-05-27_10-31-01

I need to move some corals around when I get time, my dayglow favia is getting too shaded and such. I plan on removing the last SPS pace, I have been slowly removing them all to make room for more LPS.

I guess the plan is a torch garden on the other top rock, I figure I ended up with so many, I might as well run with it. They do really well in this tank anyways. Also @WV Reefer - I will send you a frag of that yellow hammer when it gets big and juicy 🙂 You were one of the enablers 😂

• Like 6
  • Wow 5
Snow_Phoenix
58 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Sadly my pictus blenny went missing, my fav fish :tears: He was skinny when I bought him but I got him nice and fat. No signs of disease, just sleeping in longer but eating and then gone. I know they don't have a very long life span but.... idk. I will ad one to the macro tank I have when I find one.

Since he departed, I added a Bundoon Blenny, Yellow Coris Wrasse, and a Pearly Jawfish. The first two were for other tank but were not welcomed by the fish in them. The Leopard gave the Coris a hard time for a day but they are chill now. I won't be adding anymore fish as long as these guys stay alive and kickin. 

I also added a IM UV Sterilizer to the back. I always had little hints of dino (just enough to irritate corals) despite a good amount of Nitrate and somewhat acceptable (detectable but pretty low) phosphate. It seems to have taken care of it in about 3 days time. I do have some cyano hints on the sand bed though but it seems to be struggling to live. The sand is clean so I think its just trying to take the place of the dino, a little imbalance going on. It should work itself out.

My scraper blade got bent soooo waiting on a new one... so here are some hazy pics through dirty glass.

2019-05-27_10-30-43

2019-05-27_10-30-55

FINALLY got a hold of a Duncan 🙂 The simplest things seem to be the hardest to find. Just added it yesterday so it is settling in. 

2019-05-27_10-31-29

2019-05-27_10-31-37

and here are pics of some of the corals that came with the red sea tank I bought. It was a pleasant surprise as he never listed what was in the tank.

2019-05-27_10-31-44

A torch, it was in pretty bad shape but recovering nicely, has some hints of gold that seem to be returning.

2019-05-27_10-31-50

this acan? too 🙂

2019-05-27_10-30-49

2019-05-27_10-31-01

I need to move some corals around when I get time, my dayglow favia is getting too shaded and such. I plan on removing the last SPS pace, I have been slowly removing them all to make room for more LPS.

I guess the plan is a torch garden on the other top rock, I figure I ended up with so many, I might as well run with it. They do really well in this tank anyways. Also @WV Reefer - I will send you a frag of that yellow hammer when it gets big and juicy 🙂 You were one of the enablers 😂

No, not the Pictus! :tears:

I'm still looking out for Pictuses here and still no luck. 😞

Tank does look good though. Very beautiful, colorful and healthy. 🙂 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

2019-05-27_10-30-43

2019-05-27_10-30-55

2019-05-27_10-31-29

2019-05-27_10-31-37

2019-05-27_10-31-44

2019-05-27_10-31-50

this acan? too 🙂

2019-05-27_10-30-49

2019-05-27_10-31-01

Also @WV Reefer - I will send you a frag of that yellow hammer when it gets big and juicy 🙂 You were one of the enablers 😂

Poor Blenny🙁

Yay!!! Yellow Hammer!! :happydance:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

When I drain my tank this low...I feel like I'm killing the euphyllia :eek:

MVIMG_20190609_185955.thumb.jpg.f681226aac8f4f20c94c091578c565e2.jpg

Lol, even looking like that you have a beautiful tank!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

When I drain my tank this low...I feel like I'm killing the euphyllia :eek:

MVIMG_20190609_185955.thumb.jpg.f681226aac8f4f20c94c091578c565e2.jpg

Wow, this looks like something out of an Alien movie. Looks beautiful with all the colours nonetheless. 

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123

Looks great.   I have a yellow hammer similar to yours.   One of my favorites.   

Just gave you a follow on instagram.

• Like 2

Lights just came on a little while ago, this is the 2nd feeding so fish are not quite as enthusiastic but wanted to get a video of them since they are so hard to photograph (fast active movers!). Zoa's look angry but they actually just look that way from all the food flying around and the fact the lights just came on.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I wanted to watch your feeding video but our internet is spotty this morning. 😏  I will try later.  Everything looks great.

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
On 6/17/2019 at 3:12 AM, Tamberav said:

Lights just came on a little while ago, this is the 2nd feeding so fish are not quite as enthusiastic but wanted to get a video of them since they are so hard to photograph (fast active movers!). Zoa's look angry but they actually just look that way from all the food flying around and the fact the lights just came on.

Everything looks healthy and stunning. Love the hammer colony on the far right though. 

• Like 2

Cyano seems to be losing its grip. Some crappy cell pics 🙂 

MVIMG_20190620_211900

I had a hard time keeping certain encrusters but with the dino gone, they are grow grow growing baby!

MVIMG_20190620_212514

Magician palys are one of my fav's and I feel like I don't see them much.

MVIMG_20190620_212333

This coral was nursed back from death, blastos are another one of my favorites, I need a green one!

MVIMG_20190620_212010

Fish are so hard to photo with a cell, take 15 pics and maybe one is halfway decent but still blurry 😛

MVIMG_20190620_212213

MVIMG_20190620_212339

I think the anthia is turning male? It's fins are getting more flowey and elongated. I also need to rescue the utter chaos from that giant yuma. 

MVIMG_20190620_212203

I feel like jawfish have fell out of favor and I don't see them often. The pearly's may just be a 'white' fish but so are some of the premium clownfish we buy. The point of the white is it actually really POPS under blues in the bright coral land. They have wonderful curious personalities and spend a lot of time hovering outside the burrow in the open. Pearlys are also hardy and they change sex like clownfish so you can pair them up by buying juvies 🙂 What is not to love?

MVIMG_20190620_213439

• Like 5
  • Wow 3

Everything looks amazing in there. It's Euphyllia heaven! 😍

It looks like you have a pretty shallow sandbed. Does the pearly jawfish seem to mind at all, or does it get along just fine living in the rock?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Everything looks amazing in there. It's Euphyllia heaven! 😍

It looks like you have a pretty shallow sandbed. Does the pearly jawfish seem to mind at all, or does it get along just fine living in the rock?

He doesn't seem to care at all. He liked living under my frag rack until he discovered a nice nitch near the rock. He just made a little horizontal cave instead. They will move some sand around and use small rubble to re-enforce. 

• Like 1

Turned the lights in to feed the suns. Still working to get them to full health!

I hope to move some into the pico.

MVIMG_20190621_025607

MVIMG_20190621_025630

This fathead dendro was a single head but has popped out several more quickly!

MVIMG_20190621_025703

Hungry favias just look cool 🙂

MVIMG_20190621_025614

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Turned the lights in to feed the suns. Still working to get them to full health!

I hope to move some into the pico.

MVIMG_20190621_025607

MVIMG_20190621_025630

This fathead dendro was a single head but has popped out several more quickly!

MVIMG_20190621_025703

Hungry favias just look cool 🙂

MVIMG_20190621_025614

The suns are looking great. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Cyano seems to be losing its grip. Some crappy cell pics 🙂 

MVIMG_20190620_211900

I had a hard time keeping certain encrusters but with the dino gone, they are grow grow growing baby!

MVIMG_20190620_212514

Magician palys are one of my fav's and I feel like I don't see them much.

MVIMG_20190620_212333

This coral was nursed back from death, blastos are another one of my favorites, I need a green one!

MVIMG_20190620_212010

Fish are so hard to photo with a cell, take 15 pics and maybe one is halfway decent but still blurry 😛

MVIMG_20190620_212213

MVIMG_20190620_212339

I think the anthia is turning male? It's fins are getting more flowey and elongated. I also need to rescue the utter chaos from that giant yuma. 

MVIMG_20190620_212203

I feel like jawfish have fell out of favor and I don't see them often. The pearly's may just be a 'white' fish but so are some of the premium clownfish we buy. The point of the white is it actually really POPS under blues in the bright coral land. They have wonderful curious personalities and spend a lot of time hovering outside the burrow in the open. Pearlys are also hardy and they change sex like clownfish so you can pair them up by buying juvies 🙂 What is not to love?

MVIMG_20190620_213439

Your tank looks so good!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank is plugging along...I was sick for a bit and got 3 weeks behind on my water changes...tank was dirrrty but corals were happy. Added an elegance...long tentacle plate and green goni this week. Also bought a rainbow trachy but it didn't survive shipping.

I need to make room on the sand bed for better placement of the corals. Removed the mushrooms to my Softy/macro tank and may have to sell or move some more stuff.

I don't run any whites...just mints...hence the heavy pop/blue. It's a LPS tank so that's the point 😉

My green plate is getting huge....new long tentacle plate to the right.

MVIMG_20190719_233111

Need to find a good spot for the elegance...

MVIMG_20190719_232956

The torch I got with red sea tank I bought seems to be coloring up and doing things...

MVIMG_20190719_232920

I plan to add a trachy and more euphyllia and then let the tank grow and fill in.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Glad you are feeling better. It's amazing how quickly tanks can go from good to bad with a little neglect (mine usually occurs during the holidays and heavy/long work loads), so good to hear that yours is doing well despite being a little dirty. Looks great!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Tank is plugging along...I was sick for a bit and got 3 weeks behind on my water changes...tank was dirrrty but corals were happy. Added an elegance...long tentacle plate and green goni this week. Also bought a rainbow trachy but it didn't survive shipping.

I need to make room on the sand bed for better placement of the corals. Removed the mushrooms to my Softy/macro tank and may have to sell or move some more stuff.

I don't run any whites...just mints...hence the heavy pop/blue. It's a LPS tank so that's the point 😉

My green plate is getting huge....new long tentacle plate to the right.

MVIMG_20190719_233111

Need to find a good spot for the elegance...

MVIMG_20190719_232956

The torch I got with red sea tank I bought seems to be coloring up and doing things...

MVIMG_20190719_232920

I plan to add a trachy and more euphyllia and then let the tank grow and fill in.

I like the Long Tentacle Plate. They are so cute when small. 

That torch looks nice too. 😀

• Like 2