Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

Yea, those Aussie greens are as bad as kenya tree corals for dropping clones. They will grow back up to 6" and the process starts all over again. My Weeping Willows are splitting and dropping clones like mad too right now.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, those Aussie greens are as bad as kenya tree corals for dropping clones. They will grow back up to 6" and the process starts all over again. My Weeping Willows are splitting and dropping clones like mad too right now.

People always seem to be looking for softies here so I should be able to rehome/trade them easy enough. Definitely one of my fav leathers. More reason to get the frag tank finished! Just orders some plumbing off BRS for it. 

I kind of want to buy this light for my frag tank but also that seems kind of crazy to spend so much on a frag tank. Another part of me tells me it would be better to buy a used sunpower and reto it with nanobox for just a bit more $$ if I was going to spend that much.

ugh. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ati-24-led-t5-powermodule-hybrid.html

I think I have a old duo that is fixable and I could get some sunblasters which would be the cheap frag tank route and the original plan. 

I hate sales!

• Like 2

I've switched over to el cheapo black box LEDs on my shop tanks and they do just fine. I have 2 over my 57 rimless and it grows everything like mad. My 50 cube had a hybrid that I made, 4x 24" T5 and 2 Reef Brite strips, the 50/50 ones and it grows stuff like mad too.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I've switched over to el cheapo black box LEDs on my shop tanks and they do just fine. I have 2 over my 57 rimless and it grows everything like mad. My 50 cube had a hybrid that I made, 4x 24" T5 and 2 Reef Brite strips, the 50/50 ones and it grows stuff like mad too.

Ya... cheap lights worked pretty well for me in the past too. I think it is tempting because it is just 1 power cord and controllable and the powermodule has a very nice housing compared to the sunpower. Plus they said you can upgrade the Led for $150 so it would be lot cheaper than buying one of the new powermodules. 

At the same time... it's just a ugly frag tank in the basement so it doesn't need to look pleasing... Third DT maybe? 😛

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Testing out a orange filter, helps a lot to just take quick pics of the tank, though obviously not 100% accurate colors. Helpful for updating without having to get the 'real' camera out and then photoshop to fix. 

• Like 5
  • Wow 3
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Testing out a orange filter, helps a lot to just take quick pics of the tank, though obviously not 100% accurate colors. Helpful for updating without having to get the 'real' camera out and then photoshop to fix. 

Those RFA look great. 

• Like 3
Went to LFS to get some cheato and ofc brought a bunch of other stuff home.

The cheato had some itty bitty baby aptaisia in it....so its in QT atm till I can figure out what to do about it.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Please forgive the sandbed, I was sicked and missed a waterchange and my sand is the first to let me know.

My frogspawn stung the crap out of my acan and maze brain so I had to move it which meant moving other corals and so on... stayed up late to finally get the waterchange done and things reorganized, well some things.... sandbed is still a mess of frags but I glued some down.

I got some new corals too.

Toxic gonistrea

Yellow Submarine Favia

Facination Favia

Dayglow Favia

AquaSD Spitfire Zoa

Chalices are next on the list...

2019-02-25_11-42-022019-02-25_11-41-552019-02-25_11-41-272019-02-25_11-41-37

Also the plate is turning lime green with green edges which I think is pretty cool.

2019-02-25_11-41-17

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

Damn it pom pom crab!!! My pom pom didn't have any poms and the jerk is clinging on to my tiny Bali mini maxi nem!! 

I am going to have to liberate it somewhow...so far he won't give it up!

MVIMG_20190303_180820.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
On 2/26/2019 at 4:09 AM, Tamberav said:

Please forgive the sandbed, I was sicked and missed a waterchange and my sand is the first to let me know.

My frogspawn stung the crap out of my acan and maze brain so I had to move it which meant moving other corals and so on... stayed up late to finally get the waterchange done and things reorganized, well some things.... sandbed is still a mess of frags but I glued some down.

I got some new corals too.

Toxic gonistrea

Yellow Submarine Favia

Facination Favia

Dayglow Favia

AquaSD Spitfire Zoa

Chalices are next on the list...

2019-02-25_11-42-022019-02-25_11-41-552019-02-25_11-41-272019-02-25_11-41-37

Also the plate is turning lime green with green edges which I think is pretty cool.

2019-02-25_11-41-17

Hey did you get those favias from Best Fish in Milwaukee?  They had some nice looking ones there when I was looking around last week!

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, sadley77 said:

Hey did you get those favias from Best Fish in Milwaukee?  They had some nice looking ones there when I was looking around last week!

I did not, I got them off someone local although I buy a lot of stuff at best fish too 🙂

• Like 1

Went and duked the pom pom out for the next......I picked the nem up and the crab had a death grip and was just dangling by one claw on the nem out of the water. If I managed to get it out of one claw he grabbed it with the other. 

I finally managed to pry it out if his vice grip just as I was debating taking the crabs arm off 😮

My pom pom is huge and not shy and has hairy legs...he ran to the front if the glass shaking his arms at me and cursing. 

nem is pissed though.... hopefully nothing bad enough to kill it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Went and duked the pom pom out for the next......I picked the nem up and the crab had a death grip and was just dangling by one claw on the nem out of the water. If I managed to get it out of one claw he grabbed it with the other. 

I finally managed to pry it out if his vice grip just as I was debating taking the crabs arm off 😮

My pom pom is huge and not shy and has hairy legs...he ran to the front if the glass shaking his arms at me and cursing. 

nem is pissed though.... hopefully nothing bad enough to kill it.

I am sorry for laughing but the whole scenario in my head was pretty funny.  That Pom pom needs a name that reflects his bold somewhat self centered attitude  😎.

I hope the nem recovers 🙂.

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
28 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am sorry for laughing but the whole scenario in my head was pretty funny.  That Pom pom needs a name that reflects his bold somewhat self centered attitude  😎.

I hope the nem recovers 🙂.

I'm actually guilty of giggling too (sorry, Tam!) but having such a feisty crab - ah! He probably deserves his own tank lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
38 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

haha, it's all good... it was kind of funny the pom pom was kicking my ass! :rolleyes: 

Gorgeous!!! Worth fighting Mr Feisty over!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My trochus snails are spawning... The leopard wrasse and corals are having a feast! Hope some settle and I get some babies.

• Wow 1

I guess the 'hitchiker' hammer coral is content to stay yellow/lemon lime.

I wasn't planning on a euphyllia garden but can't complain. I guess I need an orange octospawn and maybe some torches.

• Like 2