ReefCleaners.org

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

Corals looking much better today now that the temp is 78 instead of 69.

Was able to leave the door open last night too which  was nice for my own warmth...... kitten ofc tried to get me to wake up... I am a 2nd shifter and get home around 4:30am and he thinks its time to play 😛 He eventually got distracted by another cat and went to go annoy them instead. 

Akira's look says it all....and how I feel somedays! Kitten is getting to be a BIG kitten. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Was able to leave the door open last night too which  was nice for my own warmth...... kitten ofc tried to get me to wake up... I am a 2nd shifter and get home around 4:30am and he thinks its time to play 😛 He eventually got distracted by another cat and went to go annoy them instead. 

Akira's look says it all....and how I feel somedays! Kitten is getting to be a BIG kitten. 

You have tigers in your living room!! omgomgomg

• Haha 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 1/10/2019 at 9:59 PM, Lula_Mae said:

That'd be great lol.  Most of mine are teeny frags so a little munching would mean no more fraglet.

So just I figured I'd let you know about the emerald, he's awesome :happydance:. Hasn't done anything bad with the corals, however, he's not eating the algae fast enough lol. He's a cool little crab though. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Our kitten is 10 months old and he's killing me lol. Jumping on the fish tanks, the frog tank and the snake tank...little white monster lol. I need him to get out of the kitten faze and fast.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

So just I figured I'd let you know about the emerald, he's awesome :happydance:. Hasn't done anything bad with the corals, however, he's not eating the algae fast enough lol. He's a cool little crab though. 

I want one but I am chicken lol.... not worried about corals... just my small fish even though its probably fine. I want to try one of those squat lobsters, I just not sure about their longevity. 

14 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Our kitten is 10 months old and he's killing me lol. Jumping on the fish tanks, the frog tank and the snake tank...little white monster lol. I need him to get out of the kitten faze and fast.

Good luck, I feel like it takes years lol... I think mine is around 6 or 7 months now. Maybe by age 2 mine will let me sleep normally but you never know with Bengals. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I want one but I am chicken lol.... not worried about corals... just my small fish even though its probably fine. I want to try one of those squat lobsters, I just not sure about their longevity. 

Good luck, I feel like it takes years lol... I think mine is around 6 or 7 months now. Maybe by age 2 mine will let me sleep normally but you never know with Bengals. 

Ehh just jump in with both feet lol. He stays in some weird spots and I hardly see him, but when he's out he really is cool. His fuzzy legs look like algae. 

I don't remember my older cat behaving like this... I wouldn't mind him sitting on the tanks, but he's 10 pounds and I'm pretty sure the screen top isn't rated to hold a cat lol. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

I read back a little and saw you were having some issues with Fritz salt. Were you using the regular RPM or the Redline stuff? 

Regular, it was an older batch. Looking around they had some bad batches come through but the company denied it but there is definitely enough posts and complaints. Kinda unhappy they didn't stand behind the product and blamed it on testing. Both my tanks got really screwed up after that Mg spike. Maybe it wasn't related but maybe it was... had lots of inverts die suddenly and sluggish snails... which lead to more imbalances/problems... then algae... then dino. Stuff turning around now. I swapped to red sea blue bucket. 

13 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ehh just jump in with both feet lol. He stays in some weird spots and I hardly see him, but when he's out he really is cool. His fuzzy legs look like algae. 

I don't remember my older cat behaving like this... I wouldn't mind him sitting on the tanks, but he's 10 pounds and I'm pretty sure the screen top isn't rated to hold a cat lol. 

Ya I bought some strong tops because mine always sit on them. Lol, if anything happened to my pictus I would explode. I will probably add one to my frag tank though since I won't have any tiny odd fish in there. 

Every new fish is basically going through QT boot camp right now because losing my current fish to disease is unacceptable. Getting a healthy pictus and getting it to eat and dealing with the anthia..... and conditioning the leopard.... wayy to much work to let anything harmful in.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Ya I bought some strong tops because mine always sit on them. Lol, if anything happened to my pictus I would explode. I will probably add one to my frag tank though since I won't have any tiny odd fish in there. 

Every new fish is basically going through QT boot camp right now because losing my current fish to disease is unacceptable. Getting a healthy pictus and getting it to eat and dealing with the anthia..... and conditioning the leopard.... wayy to much work to let anything harmful in.

I've got to have the only cat that likes water and the double sided sticky tape. I tried the place mats with sticky tape on it and he jumps on and kinda plays with it :unsure:, he's a weirdo lol. He lets me spray him with water.

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I've got to have the only cat that likes water and the double sided sticky tape. I tried the place mats with sticky tape on it and he jumps on and kinda plays with it :unsure:, he's a weirdo lol. He lets me spray him with water.

Oh no, mine love both those things. Mine wants to lick the tape and runs TOWARDS our squirt gun. I have a video on here from when I was setting up this tank and one of my cats climbed into the tank half full of salt water and was playing in it. 

Liking water is a trait of bengals though, had them climb into the shower before. :eek:

My parents had a rescue cat that would go swimming in barrels of minnows my dad had, all you would see his his tail sticking out and he was swimming under water after them. Was crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
22 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Oh no, mine love both those things. Mine wants to lick the tape and runs TOWARDS our squirt gun. I have a video on here from when I was setting up this tank and one of my cats climbed into the tank half full of salt water and was playing in it. 

Liking water is a trait of bengals though, had them climb into the shower before. :eek:

My parents had a rescue cat that would go swimming in barrels of minnows my dad had, all you would see his his tail sticking out and he was swimming under water after them. Was crazy. 

Omg!! Both my cats try and get in the shower with us lol. They are crazy i love them

• Like 1

Going to plug in my camera to charge, I really need to update with some pics.

I picked up a pocillopora crab on Tues so he's chilling in my biggest birdnest. Might try and feed him with a tweezers. Replaced my porcelain crab that died and my pom pom crab that I think died... new one doesn't have pom poms though 😞 I may try one of those squat lobsters in the future. 

I also picked up another helfrichi firefish even though i wasn't going to. They were on sale sooo.. ha... can't help that good price. I also picked up a female yasha + pistol and a tiny blue stripped pipefish.

The fish are all going through TTM and prazi and then will be added to my 10g conditioning tank (where the pistol is waiting) to be fattened up and overfed before coming to this tank. That will probably be the full stock list, fish wise for this tank assuming they all make it. They are all eating in QT atm, even the pipe is eating mysis so I don't expect any issues. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Omg!! Both my cats try and get in the shower with us lol. They are crazy i love them

Yeah, it's hard to believe there is still a lot of people who dislike cats. They are very comical. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Yeah, it's hard to believe there is still a lot of people who dislike cats. They are very comical. 

Hell ya they are lol. Merlin(the little white ninja) goes on these spaz spurts. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

Hey, lovely tank. How many fish do you keep in your lagoon? I have one also, I currently have 4 fish (2 clowns, firefish, and blenny) and was thinking about a fifth. Would this be too much? I have a few inverts as well. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I also picked up another helfrichi firefish even though i wasn't going to. They were on sale sooo.. ha... can't help that good price. I also picked up a female yasha + pistol and a tiny blue stripped pipefish.

The fish are all going through TTM and prazi and then will be added to my 10g conditioning tank (where the pistol is waiting) to be fattened up and overfed before coming to this tank. That will probably be the full stock list, fish wise for this tank assuming they all make it. They are all eating in QT atm, even the pipe is eating mysis so I don't expect any issues. 

Hey, those sound like nice additions.  Good luck with them.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Tamberav said:

If only my mother wasn't severely allergic to them, we would have had one. My little sis loves cats. She keeps asking me if we could keep one in her bedroom - she likes the 'fluffy' types like Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Norwegian Forest Cat etc. The 'fluffier' the better. :lol:

• Like 1
Ocellaris PDX
20 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Beautiful bengals.. I'm very into that breed. I'll get one one day... if I can resist the urge to buy the first rescue I see first xD

Right now we have three cats. One is very old though... hope she lives a while longer. We also have a 1 1/2 year old.... you are out of luck! She is still very much a kitten.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, scrappy34 said:

Hey, lovely tank. How many fish do you keep in your lagoon? I have one also, I currently have 4 fish (2 clowns, firefish, and blenny) and was thinking about a fifth. Would this be too much? I have a few inverts as well. 

I have 3 right now but will have 6 and stop there. Four of the 6 fish have small bio-loads though. I would say you can certainly add another if your nitrates/phosphates/nutrients are in line. If you started with dry rock, add additions slower. If you are battling algae issues, always resolve those fist before adding more poop machines. 

5 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

If only my mother wasn't severely allergic to them, we would have had one. My little sis loves cats. She keeps asking me if we could keep one in her bedroom - she likes the 'fluffy' types like Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Norwegian Forest Cat etc. The 'fluffier' the better. :lol:

I was going to say Siberians are hypoallergenic but then I saw you said severely. My parents have a rescue ragdoll and she is adorable, just melts when you pick her up. They live in the country and people dump their cats there since my parents have barns. She was so malnourished with worms/ear mines/fleas and was limping in her back leg and missing half a paw on her front. I don't know how she was still alive! I took her to the vet and fostered her... was going to rehome her....but then she was so flippin adorable and loving I brought her back to my parents and she is the Queen there. 

I am allergic to cats too, not severely but just the annoying sneezy runny nose type.  Bengals short coat makes me able to live them comfortably and what got me into the breed in the beginning. 

3 hours ago, Ocellaris PDX said:

Beautiful bengals.. I'm very into that breed. I'll get one one day... if I can resist the urge to buy the first rescue I see first xD

Right now we have three cats. One is very old though... hope she lives a while longer. We also have a 1 1/2 year old.... you are out of luck! She is still very much a kitten.

Get two 🙂 They love having a high energy playmate! Dogs are actually good playmates for them too. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I have 3 right now but will have 6 and stop there. Four of the 6 fish have small bio-loads though. I would say you can certainly add another if your nitrates/phosphates/nutrients are in line. If you started with dry rock, add additions slower. If you are battling algae issues, always resolve those fist before adding more poop machines. 

What are your current 3 and what are the others you are planning? I've always wanted a jawfish so I was thinking about getting one of those or another bottom feeding fish like a yellow watchman goby. Any suggestions? 

5 minutes ago, scrappy34 said:

What are your current 3 and what are the others you are planning? I've always wanted a jawfish so I was thinking about getting one of those or another bottom feeding fish like a yellow watchman goby. Any suggestions? 

I have a leopard wrasse, fathead sunburst anthia, and a pictus blenny in the tank. In QT I have a yasha goby, bluestripe pipefish, and helfrichi firefish. 

I had a yellowhead jawfish years ago and he was fun to watch, obsessively making burrows. Just make sure you have a lid because they WILL jump out, they will actually swim around the top at night sometimes looking for a hole to escape. They do this more-so when new to the tank but are definite jumpers. 

Any of the shrimp gobies are nice too since they pair with pistols. I like the orange stripe prawn goby a lot, identical behavior to the yellow but a bit more showy. 

Fang blennies are nice but not bottom dwellers. 

I ordered a yellow/orange filter for my camera... need to find one for my cell... until then here are some pics!

With all the instability, some stuff bleached but tank isn't doing too bad considering.

acany

anthia1

anthia2

This coral was a hitchhiker. A leather frag I bought was covered in algae on the bottom. As the algae died off, a white coral skele

ton appeared. I thought it was dead but eventually it started to gain color. I cut it off and moved it here where it grew from two dead eyes to this. I like surprises 🙂

cryptcrypt1

lwrasse2lwrasse1

This leather coral is fragging itself into pieces. The parts hanging off are growing bases. Kind of cool... but perhaps it was just angry about he high Mg and freezing temps and trying to self preserve. 

Night time pic... bonus pictus in his pajama colors in the bottom right:

lestherfrag

Opens fine in the day, just becoming oddly shaped. I think we know where the pictus likes to hang out...

picti

I just love this orange mushroom... getting yellow highlights on the rim.

mushy1

platey

I have room for 1 more flower in the right...

flowerzzz

Bicolor hammer is finally growing some purple heads in. I will probably do a giant frag session on this when I get the frag tank up. It used to be half purple and half green and I want to get it back to looking like that. 

hammetime

This bird bleached out, it actually looked horrible at 69 degrees with half the polyps fully retracted. Poyps are back though so hopefully it will regain its purplish color. Pocillapora crab hanging out and tidying his house. One of his claws went missing though.

crabby

These guys bother my zoas sometimes but they are sexy so they get away with it 😛 Tough little guys survived the massive invert die off. 

sexyandiknowit

topd1

• Like 6
On 1/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, Tamberav said:

I like the Red Mithrax crabs better than the lazy ass Emerald crabs. Mine are out and about all the time, never had an Emerald do much.

As for that Aussie leather, that's how they reproduce. They get to about 6" and start dropping babies.

Fiji Yellow leathers need to be fed and heavily to colour back up. Mine stay more yellow with Reef Roids and green water. I use a 2l bottle with the bottom cut off to feed mine.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I like the Red Mithrax crabs better than the lazy ass Emerald crabs. Mine are out and about all the time, never had an Emerald do much.

As for that Aussie leather, that's how they reproduce. They get to about 6" and start dropping babies.

Fiji Yellow leathers need to be fed and heavily to colour back up. Mine stay more yellow with Reef Roids and green water. I use a 2l bottle with the bottom cut off to feed mine.

They browned out on me when they didn't get any light for a long while. It was pretty yellow in the SPS tank but I think it loved being blasted with the par too. The big one I bought already browned out, again he took down the tank and it was basically living without light and now I have it jammed in a corner which isn't helpful lol... but its too huge and I want to move it to a frag tank that isn't ready to go yet. The tank is fed pretty heavily but I guess don't target feed them so I could try that. I think everything right now needs some time and TLC and STABILITY at this point. 

I didn't know the little aussie leathers did that, actually I didn't even really know what kind of leather I had. Got it from a local guy. That's nice though as it will keep itself small. 

• Like 2