SaltCritters.com

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

18 hours ago, Tamberav said:

On my way back from RAP.

Neptune's booth: 

MVIMG_20191019_115516.thumb.jpg.804775be9dad22e1bedf4a0c81d12081.jpg

This shop is my local LFS here in Plymouth, MN. Great shop for SPS with a good selection of LPS as well. They quarantine all fish onsite before sale. Love that Ultron Favia colony in the lower left.

Your lagoon is looking great! If it’s on autopilot maybe that’s the best place to leave it until your 80 is up?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SliceGolfer said:

This shop is my local LFS here in Plymouth, MN. Great shop for SPS with a good selection of LPS as well. They quarantine all fish onsite before sale. Love that Ultron Favia colony in the lower left.

Your lagoon is looking great! If it’s on autopilot maybe that’s the best place to leave it until your 80 is up?

I used to live in MN and felt like they had a few great stores. They even have a Petco that doesn't suck.

Ya I won't touch it till the 80 is good and ready.

• 3 weeks later...

Added a Timor wrasse I have had a long time in QT to this tank and my ruby red (since 80g needs time for pods to rebound).

I was a little nervous as that's 3 wrasse and an anthia in 25....

Well a Jawfish too but whatever 

Mostly just about potential aggression but it's been fine. The Timor is largest so the old ones came up to him with dirty looks then went....whoaaa...how big you are....and swam away... The new guy is new so he just chilled.

That was a few days ago and they all happy campers now.

• Like 4

Dirty glass and water spots per usual...so here are some semi-terrible photos....its my basement tank!

MVIMG_20191109_214130

I love blastos... I need some more colors...

MVIMG_20191109_214858

Some sort of zoa whos name I forgot

MVIMG_20191109_214846

MVIMG_20191109_213918

Plate corals are just the best!!

MVIMG_20191109_213942

My hammers keep trying to sting and murder everything in the tank with their skinny tentacles

MVIMG_20191109_213959

Photographing fish through dirty glass doesn't work so well... I thought my anthia was going to die in the move, she had a huge swollen gash and a bruised side (not sure where it came from) and was hiding, but she could not resist ova for food... and healed up. 

MVIMG_20191109_215037

This Timor wrasse is a spaz...very active... definitely needs the 80g... I think it is because she is the largest of the wrasses... she just flying all over the place. Can't take a pic that does her justice... just imagine a steel blue with neon orange dashes.

MVIMG_20191109_214721

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
On 10/19/2019 at 1:18 PM, Tamberav said:

Plopped her on the frag rack for the wrasse inspection.

MVIMG_20191019_151539.thumb.jpg.bb769aaf6ba30d551f32aa141862069e.jpg

Nice! I just pulled the trigger on one a couple days ago. Can't wait for it to become a colony. May favorite coral at the moment 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Majority of my fish have been moved over to the 80g but found this guy at the LFS. Using this tank as a conditioning tank (the 10g is too small). I dosed some prazi to the tank.

There is a lot of potential corals for it to eat but so far it hasn't sampled anything.

MVIMG_20191124_171227

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
On 11/24/2019 at 8:57 PM, teenyreef said:

Those euphyllia are getting huge! I love how the tank is coming along 😍

Thank you! I eventually would like to move them to the 80g but the 80g is too clean and these corals are used to filthy water and they love it! So they stay here until who knows when. Right now it is a very fancy conditioning tank for new fish. 

Speaking which... LFS had IO salt for 35 bucks a box, I picked some up even though I don't use IO. lol I feel like what salt I use matters less in big tank where I just change a small amount of water anyways. While there they had gulf live rock for $3 a lb!! I picked up two small pieces for 6 bucks, both with corals on them and put them in one of my QT tanks to make sure they cycle. Great way to seed some more diversity! 

Also... I bought a kuiter's leopard wrasse... eating like a PIG! I added more sand for it in the back. 

MVIMG_20191129_115635.thumb.jpg.c1cc3e1dbe4c50eed15beadaabb4a0dc.jpg

MVIMG_20191129_125343.thumb.jpg.181447b017acfc2012e9524e2f4c8219.jpgMVIMG_20191129_125309.thumb.jpg.f852adcde968595d1c4b2f8383d7c61a.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

That Wrasse is stunning, is it still a Juvie/Female Colouring?

Yes, female. Pic from LA that isn't under heavy blues. She is doing well so far.

lg37172KuiteriLeopardWrasse.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This tank is officially retired (at least from coral) 😮 It will become conditioning/QT tank with macroalgae/live rock.

It was short lived - year and a half I think? But hey... move to bigger apartment means on to bigger things. 

I will update with some pics of it as a macro tank 🙂

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 11:14 PM, Tamberav said:

MVIMG_20191017_193006

Stock:

Fish:

Bluestar leopard wrasse

Fathead Anthia

Coris Wrasse

Bundoon Blenny

Pearly Jawfish

Inverts:

2 Sexy Shrimp

Blue Coral Banded Shrimp

Rock Flower Anenomes

LPS:

Toxic gonistrea

Freak Hair

Bi-Color Hammer

Green and purple tip frogspawn

Red and green blastomussa

Maze Brain Coral

Red Acan

Dragon Soul Favia

Yellow Submarine Favia

Facination Favia

Dayglow Favia

24k Lepto

Orange Plate

Green Plate

Unknown Cyphastrea

Unknown Favia

Red goniopora

Encrusting Hynophora

Soft Corals:

Tyree Toadstool

AquaSD Spitfire Zoa

Rasta Zoa

Magician Paly

Green Grandis Paly

Purple Death Paly

Utter Chaos Paly

Armor of God Paly

Bam Bam Zoas

King Midas Zoa

Unknown Zoa

Ring of Fire Zoa

Orange Yuma Mushroom

Green Rhodactis Mushroom

Blue Speckled Mushroom

WOW!  Awesome tank!  I didnt realize that hammers got so big!  I wish I had room for a bigger tank.    I have a 35 gallon I will upgrade to after my corals get bigger and already looking forward to that!  I will send you pics of my 10 gallon that ypou have helped me with so much once its up and going!  I dosed with biospira a little while ago!!!  Yay!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, karen nation said:

WOW!  Awesome tank!  I didnt realize that hammers got so big!  I wish I had room for a bigger tank.    I have a 35 gallon I will upgrade to after my corals get bigger and already looking forward to that!  I will send you pics of my 10 gallon that ypou have helped me with so much once its up and going!  I dosed with biospira a little while ago!!!  Yay!

Thank you 🙂 Just research, take your time, and try not to make impulse purchases. Bring your phone with and research new corals/fish. Some things will not survive in our tanks but unfortunately are still sold to unsuspecting beginners. Know that there will be set-backs and mishaps and this happens to every tank no matter how careful we are. That is why people keep echoing patience as going slow helps with those.  

I actually upgraded to an 80g recently... found here: 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

So this tank isn't dead....it was never drained or dried out...many of the corals were moved into my 80 but the tank lives in my basement as an unruled jungle of mess and water droplets.... It gets maybeeeee a water change once every 3 months.

The caulerpa grows and grows and keeps any pest algae from showing its face. I take a pint or so out every week or two. I just trimmed it.

The corals move around and do whatever....Xenia making babies...yumas making babies... 

It houses a starkii damsel...two cleaner shrimp...two saron shrimp... a porcelain nem crab.

The cleaners will go to my big tank when they put on some size.

The tank will soon be moved upstairs and transformed back into a display. Nothing fancy...whatever can continue to thrive with infrequent water changes gets to stay. I don't want to haul water upstairs all the time...hurts my back.

MVIMG_20200516_193104.thumb.jpg.ff01a42efcc57e3274c03ecae899e970.jpg

MVIMG_20200516_194844.thumb.jpg.72138439dcf839a2f0f23fb930487c8f.jpg

This saron shrimp is growing into a monster... I turned the pump is off for a pic and he came to the top of the rocks staring at me. Wants food maybe?

Don't mind the pest nem...I added it on purpose awhile back. 

MVIMG_20200516_195145.thumb.jpg.1be9608502e357bdd64fa447f705c7f5.jpg

• Like 6