Cultivated Reef

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

2 hours ago, ReeferBray said:

Was this tank TOTM yet? If not soon

Nah but thank you for thinking it could be worthy.

It is a bit of a mess imo 😂 left side needs to fill in a bit more too.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Got any plans for the FW?

Haven't really got that far 😛 Nothing crazy. I really like small schooling fish since that is something we can't really get in our reefs. Maybe a 12g long aquamaxx with canister/Lilly pips and an inline heater. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Haven't really got that far 😛 Nothing crazy. I really like small schooling fish since that is something we can't really get in our reefs. Maybe a 12g long aquamaxx. 

I keep wanting to go back to a Blackwater set up with Mangrove roots and some Tetra. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I keep wanting to go back to a Blackwater set up with Mangrove roots and some Tetra. 

Rummynose are my favorite, I had them years ago... so probably those guys..... then some sort of driftwood 🙂  

When I set one up years ago I did potting soil under black sand and it worked well... made the tank pretty damn dark/tea colored for awhile! I used that fish water to water my plants around the house, and damn they were so happy. 

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
55 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Gorgeous!!! The elegance makes me jealous. Mine is still working on not dying. 

Have you tried feeding yours fine, particulate/liquid food? I noticed mine stresses when it's fed mysis or brine, but if I baste shrimp juice + reef roids towards any of its mouths, it has a positive feeding response. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Have you tried feeding yours fine, particulate/liquid food? I noticed mine stresses when it's fed mysis or brine, but if I baste shrimp juice + reef roids towards any of its mouths, it has a positive feeding response. 

He seems to have had a bacterial infection when he arrived, so most of the flesh died away. There’s still a small section that has fought on for months so I’m not sure if it’s going to truly die. I’ve been direct feeding it reef roids multiple days a week. I have a couple hammers that also suddenly receded and I’ve been trying to nurse back to health with good food and water quality. One I accidentally ripped in half and it’s still alive miraculously. So, just waiting and watching those to see if the food/maintenance schedule I have going helps them come back.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

That Elegance is amazing! It looks really happy too. 😄 

I had to move the flower nems to the softy tank to make a spot for it.

I got the elegance and long tentacle plate cheap on a big 'after party sale'. They both looked pathetic and angry in the pics on the website so no one had bought them on the holiday sales but when they arrived...it was just a bad photo because they were certainly beautiful! 

3 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

He seems to have had a bacterial infection when he arrived, so most of the flesh died away. There’s still a small section that has fought on for months so I’m not sure if it’s going to truly die. I’ve been direct feeding it reef roids multiple days a week. I have a couple hammers that also suddenly receded and I’ve been trying to nurse back to health with good food and water quality. One I accidentally ripped in half and it’s still alive miraculously. So, just waiting and watching those to see if the food/maintenance schedule I have going helps them come back.

Where did you order yours from that it had an infection?

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
43 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I got the elegance and long tentacle plate cheap on a big 'after party sale'. They both looked pathetic and angry in the pics on the website so no one had bought them on the holiday sales but when they arrived...it was just a bad photo because they were certainly beautiful! 

Aw, the nems looked great too. But the elegance looks better. :ninja:

Just now, Snow_Phoenix said:

Aw, the nems looked great too. But the elegance looks better. :ninja:

No worries....the nems still look great in the other tank too!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Live Aqauria. Got a few corals from them back to back that struggled or were straight up dead. Was told it would die but it’s hung on and hung on, so I’ll give it a chance. Maybe it’ll grow back over time.

12 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Live Aqauria. Got a few corals from them back to back that struggled or were straight up dead. Was told it would die but it’s hung on and hung on, so I’ll give it a chance. Maybe it’ll grow back over time.

I got an aquacultured elegance from LA a long time ago and that one did great but when I tried one of their wild ones in the LPS section it looked horrible on arrival.

I had a trachy from them come DOA too but the aquacultured frags have always been fine and my black sun came from them and it's fine.

So not sure what's up with that... 

1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I got an aquacultured elegance from LA a long time ago and that one did great but when I tried one of their wild ones in the LPS section it looked horrible on arrival.

I had a trachy from them come DOA too but the aquacultured frags have always been fine and my black sun came from them and it's fine.

So not sure what's up with that... 

Actually that’s maybe what happened here too— that elegance was from Divers Den and not aquacultured. And same for a chalice I got from them. That one died in two days and was basically melted upon arrival. 

• Sad 1
On 8/10/2019 at 5:07 AM, Tamberav said:

now with all our discussion yesterday I’m gonna adjust the KH more towards its original level after mixing and let the phos Levels rise. Maybe that will help the stressed stuff out.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

now with all our discussion yesterday I’m gonna adjust the KH more towards its original level after mixing and let the phos Levels rise. Maybe that will help the stressed stuff out.

I have always found NSW levels to be a lot more forgiving. I am sure it will be helpful when you're get better lighting too. 

• Like 1

Sooo... my conch snail pushed my lobo all over the tank like a bulldozer and stung like 3 corals.. including my long tentacle plate which may not recover :tears: I stuck the lobo in time out in a far back corner until I can figure out what to do. Maybe glue it to a giant tile disc. So bummed!

Also I found out literally yesterday... the apartment next to me is opening up, its larger and much nicer (all updated) and they offered it to me first if I want it. I will probably take it even though my back hurts thinking about moving all my shit again.... I swear I move every 2 years. For real...

Thank god its just next door so I don't have to load the car but will need to spend all week packing and move buckets of water... and tanks... catching fish... hoping none die from stress. It's kind of a nightmare to think about when you have FIVE tanks and a QT tank with fish in it currently.... so really 6. 

I might use this as an excuse to upgrade to something larger, maybe a deep blue 80g shallow since we would have more room.... but idk... time is really short to decide. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1