Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's IM 25 Lagoon - Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse!

Tamberav

MVIMG_20191017_193006

Stock:

Fish:

Bluestar leopard wrasse

Fathead Anthia

Coris Wrasse

Bundoon Blenny

Pearly Jawfish

Inverts:

2 Sexy Shrimp

Blue Coral Banded Shrimp

Rock Flower Anenomes

LPS:

Toxic gonistrea

Freak Hair

Bi-Color Hammer

Green and purple tip frogspawn

Red and green blastomussa

Maze Brain Coral

Red Acan

Dragon Soul Favia

Yellow Submarine Favia

Facination Favia

Dayglow Favia

24k Lepto

Orange Plate

Green Plate

Unknown Cyphastrea

Unknown Favia

Red goniopora

Encrusting Hynophora

Soft Corals:

Tyree Toadstool

AquaSD Spitfire Zoa

Rasta Zoa

Magician Paly

Green Grandis Paly

Purple Death Paly

Utter Chaos Paly

Armor of God Paly

Bam Bam Zoas

King Midas Zoa

Unknown Zoa

Ring of Fire Zoa

Orange Yuma Mushroom

Green Rhodactis Mushroom

Blue Speckled Mushroom

• Like 13
  • Wow 1

Got home late but got a little work done on the tank project. 

Cats are convinced people buy big things so we get big boxes... 

IMG_20180320_172918.thumb.jpg.948964dc307c3f9cc531bc845bdf8158.jpgIMG_20180320_171014.thumb.jpg.3fdb63cb291115d54f05d4f4db116e61.jpgIMG_20180320_173137.thumb.jpg.05b52aab65444ceeea321f13d6824d37.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

This is the stand... I think it is an older style JBJ stand. It's not perfect but we have some furniture rules... 

1. No furniture that is so expensive we would feel bad donating it - my husband finishes school in two years and we don't know where we will move for his residency. He wants it so we can get rid of most of our furniture just in case it is far. 

2. My rule: Avoid particle board! When I was fresh into college I got the cheap college furniture and it left a bad taste.... Now I shop used furniture and Craiglist for steals and deals on real wood items. 

I bought a precut 2x2 foot board for the top as the stand is made for an edged tank and is hollow in the middle. The board is smaller than the top but should blend in okay enough once painted. I don't have tools to cut one to proper size and didn't want to risk the free rough cuts the store does. 

Also saw some precut boards that were perfect to reinforce the back of the stand. I have no doubts this can hold the tank as it was made for one much larger but it just really annoyed me that they didn't brace all sides.... I don't know why.. 

I got a coat of primer on the top to dry overnight and will touch up the stand with black paint. 

IMG_20180321_014635.thumb.jpg.fa22451b3257462eb299381fb38dc277.jpgIMG_20180320_204008.thumb.jpg.0d90ec5e429d7d172f05c8a2519659a3.jpg

Also here is Onyx inspecting and testing out the new tank 

IMG_20180320_173106.thumb.jpg.b0226581b3e5632c5f2d70c8cef2477a.jpg

• Like 4

Progress is being made... slowly... I worked a lot last week and work a lot this week too! I have a sicce pump that should be here later in the week. Slowly gathering the supplies.

I was going to put together and paint a light hanger today but it was raining... :closedeyes:

39168949810_4b5e1b469c.jpg2018-03-23_07-46-02 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 4
CarolinaShoreReef
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Progress is being made... slowly... I worked a lot last week and work a lot this week too! I have a sicce pump that should be here later in the week. Slowly gathering the supplies.

I was going to put together and paint a light hanger today but it was raining... :closedeyes:

39168949810_4b5e1b469c.jpg2018-03-23_07-46-02 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Do you know if I had the gfo reactor working properly? I see that you have one too. I’m looking forward to seeing your tank get wet! 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get tank wet... cat thinks it is her pool....

On 3/27/2018 at 7:11 AM, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Do you know if I had the gfo reactor working properly? I see that you have one too. I’m looking forward to seeing your tank get wet! 

Missed this message, I haven't even tried to set it up yet. May not use it unless I need it.

• Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
CarolinaShoreReef
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Trying to get tank wet... cat thinks it is her pool....

Missed this message, I haven't even tried to set it up yet. May not use it unless I need it.

I found that I didn’t need it. All a function of how much you feed/ do water changes I guess. 

Segalplayer
On 3/27/2018 at 5:11 AM, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Ran one with carbon, then changed to purigen,  then switched to chemipure. Now I no longer have it in the tank lol.

• Haha 1
CarolinaShoreReef
1 hour ago, Segalplayer said:

Ran one with carbon, then changed to purigen,  then switched to chemipure. Now I no longer have it in the tank lol.

Lol same here. 

Me too. I have two reactors sitting in the great big box of everything fishy. 

@Tamberav is your cat going to let you fill the tank all the way up? Or is it being converted to permanent swimming pool status? :D

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Me too. I have two reactors sitting in the great big box of everything fishy. 

@Tamberav is your cat going to let you fill the tank all the way up? Or is it being converted to permanent swimming pool status? :D

Lol! I kept having to remove her. She should stay mostly out once it is full, mixing up more water right now. I am going to have to come up with a decent top. 

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay so corals and algae added last night. Stuff starting to open.... Sand bed a mess of zoas atm. Some bad cell pics to share where I am at now. 

Tank is going to be macroalgae... A few favorite corals... Some left over frags I have from previous tanks... and a bunch of freebies I have acquired. It will end up as a hodge podge of stuff. Will pass on freebies to other hobbiests to make room as we go. 

2018-05-03_04-48-41

2018-05-03_04-48-59

• Like 4
mitten_reef
22 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Okay so corals and algae added last night. Stuff starting to open.... Sand bed a mess of zoas atm. Some bad cell pics to share where I am at now. 

Tank is going to be macroalgae... A few favorite corals... Some left over frags I have from previous tanks... and a bunch of freebies I have acquired. It will end up as a hodge podge of stuff. Will pass on freebies to other hobbiests to make room as we go. 

2018-05-03_04-48-41

2018-05-03_04-48-59

That leather is ginormous. 😲

Just now, micoastreefing said:

That leather is ginormous. 😲

yeah it is a beasty! It's supposed to be fiji yellow but I got it off a guy who's tank was on hard times and it was all browned out and had some rotting areas. It healed up and started to turn yellow again but then my macroalgae in the 10g went crazy and blocked out the 'sun' and it browned up again. Should be nice once I can get it back to yellow. 

Can see 'hints' of color starting to show in this pic. 

40490247084_794918f446.jpg2018-04-03_03-57-18 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 3
mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

yeah it is a beasty! It's supposed to be fiji yellow but I got it off a guy who's tank was on hard times and it was all browned out and had some rotting areas. It healed up and started to turn yellow again but then my macroalgae in the 10g went crazy and blocked out the 'sun' and it browned up again. Should be nice once I can get it back to yellow. 

Can see 'hints' of color starting to show in this pic. 

40490247084_794918f446.jpg2018-04-03_03-57-18 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Nice, still trying to get my Fiji yellow to color up too. Mine has even less hint of yellow than yours, hahaha.