Top Shelf Aquatics

BACK IN STOCK. PLS-50 Elite II 3.25" x 3.5"

CAD-Aqua

Hey everybody

We worked as fast as we can and made the 2nd batch of PLS-50 Elite II's and they are back in stock and ready to ship. All the Pre-orders is already shipped and on the way!

Thank you everybody and we really appreciate your continued support and feedback!

CAD Lights Aquariums

• Like 1
Left Coast DJ

Your skimmer looks awesome. Once I get myself my dream 40g AIO, I'll be getting one of these. I wish you guys made a 40g AIO. You're local to me also. Would love to pick one up. I'm in Pasadena.

Have there been any reviews on the new skimmers yet? I’ve got the original Elite and would like to see if the upgrade is worth it. 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, theishkid said:

Have there been any reviews on the new skimmers yet? I’ve got the original Elite and would like to see if the upgrade is worth it. 

Hi, Ishkid

Thank you for your comment. Yes, there have been lots of social media posts (Facebook and Instagram) showing the 1st released batches in full function and performing great! here in Nano-reef.com there is also a detailed review thread here:

Thanks so much and please feel free to let me know if you nave any questions

CAD Lights Aquariums

On 3/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, Left Coast DJ said:

Your skimmer looks awesome. Once I get myself my dream 40g AIO, I'll be getting one of these. I wish you guys made a 40g AIO. You're local to me also. Would love to pick one up. I'm in Pasadena.

Hi, Left Coast 

Thank you so much for your kind words! we are very happy with the latest PLS-50 Elite II skimmer. they are all handmade and due to its precision, we can only make 1 batch at a time. we used to have an awesome 39G Signature series Nano-reef AIO. we "may" put it back into production.

Thank you and and I appreciate your continued support for us

Scott

Wish you still sold the 1st version too :( This one wont fit in all he popular smaller IM tanks :( /cry

Got a PLS-50 Elite hidden away (used or new) in a back closet somewhere for me? :o:happy:

15 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Wish you still sold the 1st version too :( This one wont fit in all he popular smaller IM tanks :( /cry

Got a PLS-50 Elite hidden away (used or new) in a back closet somewhere for me? :o:happy:

I bet you can find one or two people that will sell you their original elite that are upgrading to the elite 2. 

On 3/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, CAD-Aqua said:

Hi, Ishkid

Thank you for your comment. Yes, there have been lots of social media posts (Facebook and Instagram) showing the 1st released batches in full function and performing great! here in Nano-reef.com there is also a detailed review thread here:

Thanks so much and please feel free to let me know if you nave any questions

CAD Lights Aquariums

Just curious what your market audience was for this update. Do you see the elite 2 as an upgrade for people that already own the elite 1? Can we expect to see that much of a difference with the new design in either ease of use or performance? Or do you see the elite 2 as more for people who are in the market for a new skimmer in general? Does that make sense?

7 hours ago, theishkid said:

I bet you can find one or two people that will sell you their original elite that are upgrading to the elite 2. 

trying :( May have to give aquamaxx HOB 1.5 my cash but I pref not to use a HOB. 

There are a lot of IM 20/25 owners and I know there are several looking for the elite 1 skimmer that fits. Maybe should have considered selling both sizes? The original elite 1 for smaller tanks and the upgraded one bigger tanks can take advantage of.

I just saw a post of someone on another forum trying to sell the elite 2 he just bought as it did not fit his AIO. :o

I do realize cads own tanks are the main concern but still... missing out on a market. 

14 hours ago, theishkid said:

Just curious what your market audience was for this update. Do you see the elite 2 as an upgrade for people that already own the elite 1? Can we expect to see that much of a difference with the new design in either ease of use or performance? Or do you see the elite 2 as more for people who are in the market for a new skimmer in general? Does that make sense?

Hi, Ishkid

The PLS-50 Elite II is built to be stronger and higher performance than the PLS-50 Elite I. the Elite II has a slightly larger body and a 25% stronger pump. when it was first released in January, its overall size was 4" x 4.5". but after the first batch went out, many hobbyists that had other brands of Nano tanks requested if we can make it smaller to fit their tanks. we were able to redesign the Elite II in February to make it as small as possible without decreasing its performance to the new size of 3.25" x 3.5", making it only slightly larger than the original Elite I which was 3.25" x 3.25". The elite II has an overall performance increase of 25%.

Thanks

CAD Lights

• Recommended Discussions