Pod Your Reef

Coral Beauty Angelfish HELP!!

JSinger884

OK so I got a coral beauty last night, and what a nice fish except it doesnt look happy at all. It kinda just has swam stationary in the same place for the past 24 hours. Its sorta towards the bottom of the tank, staring at the live rock, swimming on its side and swimming stationary in the upwards direction. Is this normal, is it acclimating to the tank?? Also, its not eating very well. On the other hand, the two percula clownfish are leaving it alone! Anyway have any idea whats wrong????

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound healthy to me. 24 hours is too long of a period for it to be adjustment-only. What condition was he in at the LFS? Did you make sure he was eating there before you left?

Lethargy by itself is a hard symptom to develop a diagnosis from. What's his respiration like? Does he eat at all? Any murkiness or cloudiness in the eyes? Any miscolored spots on his body? Does he try to rub against the bottom of the tank?

If he's eating at all, make sure his food is supplemented with Selcon and garlic extract. Once he's better, you can lay off the garlic, but I'd continue using the Selcon for both him and the clowns.

Good luck.

Matthew

He was in good condition at the LFS-eating very well there. No cloudiness in the eyes, respiration is fine, no miscolored spots, doesnt try rubbing against the bottom. BUT he isnt eating at all!

Ok I kinda scared him off to another part of the tank with my net, BUT he went right back to his favorite spot and continued as usual-WHAT SHOULD I DO?????

Archived