Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

zackeepscoral JBJ nanocube 12g (first sw tank)

zackeepscoral

zackeepscoral

Hello all! First time reefer here, this tank was set up January 3, 2018. Have a google sheet with water parameter logs that I will link tomorrow. Any help identifying corals/species with a “?” next to the name is welcome and appreciated. Please do not hesitate to correct my spelling as well ?

SETUP ?

JBJ Nano - 12g

Purigen Blue

50w heater

Retrofitted LED’s in hood (LFS owner added 1x violet, repositioned whites and replaced 3x blue with higher intensity blues, THX Joey!!)

STOCK ?

Fish;

Firefin Gobi

Bi-color Blenny

Royal Gramma

Rose BTA

Rainbow BTA

Coral (please help identify);

GSP

Acan x 2

Frogspawn x 2

Hammer

Xenia

Ricordia Mushroom

Orange Monti

Duncan

Purple mushroom w/ blue dots?

Leather SPS thing x 2?

Purole flowery thing thay looks like Xenia?

War Coral?

Purple orange war coral thing?

Starburst thing?

Green-blue cabbage head looking thing?

CUC;

Emerald Crab

Various Snal x 4

Varuoua Hermit x 5

Tiger Conch

Red Starfish?

RIP ?

cleaner shrimp

Birdsnest x 2

hermit x 2

snail x 2

falsw percula

Water Parameter Log ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-MroJEsQWxuuTMP-ADWmt6Cl2iZriLX8tywwJOJxZLw

March 15, 2018

E24131BC-6EA0-411C-A8D8-84FAE3972AA2.thumb.jpeg.8458895b43b297d9ca6e8a84123d23ec.jpeg

January 6, 2018

62289E9C-B427-416E-9CEA-C0A33B3550E2.jpeg

47035C1B-602D-424B-8194-1340BBDAE488.jpeg

Laurenscube

Hi there I have a 12 gallon to so I will follow your setup ? You may need to pass on some of your fish that’s a lot for a small tank I believe you will find it hard to keep on top of water quality with feedings etc for them.Make sure you research and dont let the LFS just advise you,a birds nest for a first coral is NOT a good idea. YouTube is where I research everything and on here asking questions however so many opinions obviously on forums can be baffeling so research is best with this. Be ready to test and test and test again and be prepared to do a lot of water changes with this tank. Little changes often is properly better than big % changes.

good luck 

Laurenscube
19 hours ago, zackeepscoral said:

Found my clown in the pump chamber, face first in the pump intake, he ate at lunch time RIP Nemo ?

Oh no did he jump in the back then ? sad news this has happened to me before but luckly no death.

Just added a acrylic top cover as removed my all in one lid awhile ago and then my goby jumped out a few weeks ago.

zackeepscoral

On 3/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, laurenscube said:

Oh no did he jump in the back then ? sad news this has happened to me before but luckly no death.

Just added a acrylic top cover as removed my all in one lid awhile ago and then my goby jumped out a few weeks ago.

He must have, he was almost full grow. I still have a top on mine, I noticed there is about a 3/4” gap between the hood and the top of the filter divide. Going to have to figure something out with that. Unfortunately he was DOA

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
zackeepscoral
On 7/22/2018 at 3:34 AM, Laurenscube said:

any updates on the tank soon ?

@Laurenscube

Hey!! When you wrote this over a month ago you kinda kicked my butt in gear to do something with this tank. It was neglected for months and started dropping alk, I was also fighting with getting my 34 stable with all my SPS. 

I have kinda turned this tank into a lagoon type tank with zoa’s, the anemone and a bunch a softies. I do have some acans and a couple goni’s that I’m going to put in that new rock up front. I also moved my clown from the big tank to this one and it hosted the anenome almost immediately. Added a gobi pistol shrimp combo to the tank. Hardly ever see them though. 

Here are are some update pics

161CDC66-2CA8-4DC2-B3C8-21655E4A37D9.thumb.jpeg.a3de9126abe84c0c0244dab5488521bf.jpeg

1BBEDD9A-5749-45E3-9208-D41A2D2234EE.thumb.jpeg.6e11c8ea97184b47a23628e7b6f7aa3f.jpeg

E0ED5B15-12AC-4C3F-85AB-A3D0CDD13D2F.thumb.jpeg.3acf1f26969522c4364a5da4b377c486.jpeg