inTank Media Baskets

Tunze 9001 in IM25 Lagoon

805NanoReef

805NanoReef

So i have my Tunze 9001 in my return chamber where I have two return pumps. The thing is my protein skimmer is always filling up supper fast!. Its hard to dial it in good. Should i reduce the return pumps flow?? 

805NanoReef
3 hours ago, StevieT said:

Where is the water level set at and how long has the skimmer been opperational?

The water on the return chamber or on the skimmer? I have the water line a little under 1/2 inch.. and the water line on the skimmer is about an 1/8 under the collection cup 

30 minutes ago, 805NanoReef said:

The water on the return chamber or on the skimmer? I have the water line a little under 1/2 inch.. and the water line on the skimmer is about an 1/8 under the collection cup 

Skimmer.  Water level should be about 1/2" below the water level line, the line is the max level.

How long has the skimmer been operational?

805NanoReef
Just now, StevieT said:

You can also try moving the pump position, it may be "sucking" too fast.

I actually just dialed down the return pumps a bit and that seemed to work. The skimmer isnt going crazy anymore. 

• Like 1
805NanoReef

@schleppey   No i just moved the magnet to the side of the 9001. I have it in the return chamber. Have two pumps running 1/2" tubing going straight up to the return nozzles.  Fits perfect in there.