inTank Media Baskets

Normal looking frogspawn?

CarolinaShoreReef

CarolinaShoreReef

Hello, I noticed today that my frogspawn was puffy at the base (could still be acclimating since I just got it Friday). I moved it a bit under the rock a couple days ago and the params are as follows, tested by Red Sea kit at the LFS: 

NO2-0.01

NO3-0

Ca-460

Mg-1480

KH-10.5

Salinity-1.025

PO4-0 

temp:79-80 

(Some things are high but I don't mess with dosing at all) 

First pic is of it after getting it (not fully open) and second is of what I'm referring to. It may be that it's in too low of light, being shadowed out a bit by the rock and frag rack above it. I think that the flow is fine but I can move it near all the other euphyllia (I'd rather not overcrowd that area). Just looking for your guys' input, I looked at prior posts but didn't see anything like this. What I got from them was that it was doing fine given that it's out but may be in too little light or flow.. not really sure but like I said I'd rather not perturb it if not needed. Thanks! -John

IMG_2712.PNG

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

CarolinaShoreReef
1 hour ago, Lugmos12 said:

Looks normal to me. What you don’t want is the flesh to retract and the skeleton of the mouth to begin to show. 

Okay makes sense! I had never seen one so puffy at its base like that. I wasn't sure if it's because it's touching that rock. Thank you! 

CarolinaShoreReef
40 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

mine looks like that after feeding

Oh cool I thought that too, thanks. This was taken a few hours after I fed the tank. 

• Like 1