Jaybaum

Need urgent help with tank

Jaybaum

Hi everyone! I’m having an issue with my tank.. the water is pretty cloudy and I’m not sure what the issue could be. I recently bought an aquatop cps-1 power head for my nuvo fusion 10 tank. Right now I only have some live rock and dry rock with 2 clowns, 1 bicolor goby, 8 blue leg hermits, and 5 snails. The power head was so strong it was kicking up with sand and making a sand storm. It’s a 256 gph power head. Im also not happy with the current aquascaping I currently have, what can I do about that? Do I even need the power head? Should I get a smaller one? I was also curious if I should do a complete start over on the tank. I have 10 gallons of water ready for the tank and a bottle of bio-spera as well. Any suggestions on what I do? If I do end up redoing the water, etc. What do I do with my fish? Thanks!

Cintax

Well, the dust will settle so change your filter floss when it gets filled with fines. Otherwise, do nothing and wait is probably the best thing to do.

Tamberav

Do a water change, sounds like the power head kicked up some nastiness. It could be a bacterial bloom. You may want to clean your sand bed if it is gross, Brandon recommends rip-cleaning method. You can find a lot of info about it on these forums.

People change their scape all the time. It shouldn't be an issue but you need to focus on addressing the cloudiness first.

Clown79

I'd focus on one issue first and worry about aquascaping at another time.

Did the tank cycle and how old is it?

A picture would help better determine things.

I'd do a waterchange and vacuum the sand bed. Its important to clean the sa d bed regularly. add some carbon. Change floss as it fills up 

• Like 1

Jaybaum
22 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I'd focus on one issue first and worry about aquascaping at another time.

Did the tank cycle and how old is it?

A picture would help better determine things.

I'd do a waterchange and vacuum the sand bed. Its important to clean the sa d bed regularly. add some carbon. Change floss as it fills up 

image.jpg

The camera doesn’t pic it up as well, but I can see a cloudiness, from where the the power head blows 

Clown79

Most likely detritus being stirred up.

• Like 1