Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Royal Gamma being a turd

C. Barton

I'm new to saltwater aquariums. I bought two blue damsels and a royal Gamma today to bring life to my aquarium and to give my lonely cleaner shrimp something to clean. So far the Gamma is laying claim to the entire tank and will not let the blue damsels around any live Rock or my skull mountain structure. He's pretty much laid claim to everything in the tank so far. I know I need to add more live Rock but in the mean time will this little asshole calm down after he's been in the tank for awhile or will he wait until the damsels get bigger than him and get tired of his shit?

ChristopherDido

My Royal Gramma was a Turd too... He bullied and stressed one of my clowns out so bad he died, and I am pretty sure he did the same to both of my shrimp (peppermint and Cleaner.)  I finally caught him and got him out!  Only took about 5 days to catch him with a trap that I rented from a local LFS.  Trick for me was to not feed for 4 days and just leave the trap in the tank :-)  He went right in when I finally fed the tank!

Just my opinion the damsels are almost similar temperaent. If you add a bit more rock the damsels may take it over. Grammas like a cave to hide in.

• 2 weeks later...