ReefCleaners.org

AquaOne Nanoreef 35

Heydude

Hi,

Below is the set up I have in my AquaOne Nanoreef 35 Tank, is there anything you would change, move around, add or remove.

Thanks in advance.

Back Sump Set-Up.JPG

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

I would just take out the sponge so it doesn’t trap too much poop. 

Hi,

Thanks for feedback, would you replace with anything, maybe pack the chamber with floss?

Purchase a media basket or make one of egg crate. Put all the media in the basket.

That leaves one chamber open for future possibilities.

You Don't want to pack it with floss. Floss needs changing twice a week. People cut floss to size and use it in a media basket directly under the overflow.

13 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Purchase a media basket or make one of egg crate. Put all the media in the basket.

That leaves one chamber open for future possibilities.

You Don't want to pack it with floss. Floss needs changing twice a week. People cut floss to size and use it in a media basket directly under the overflow.

Thanks, 

Got some egg crate, so will make media basket, would you use in chamber one with all media and top with the floss? 

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Yes. You need the water to run through the media

Do you reckon to make the media basket for chamber 3 as chamber one is only small and with the basket don't think I'd get much in it? Or is that too far from the inlet do you think, with too much room for unwanteds to settle? 

Or maybe one for each, with the first just topped with floss to catch the crap? 

Media baskets are normally put in the chamber the water enters into, so the first chamber.

It's to allow the floss to collect all particles that enter from the display directly into the floss, then the water flows directly into the other  media.

You don't need a ton of media, too much media is not beneficial, it can strip the tank of much needed elements.

The other chambers are meant for the heater, refugium, ato.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Media baskets are normally put in the chamber the water enters into, so the first chamber.

It's to allow the floss to collect all particles that enter from the display directly into the floss, then the water flows directly into the other  media.

You don't need a ton of media, too much media is not beneficial, it can strip the tank of much needed elements.

The other chambers are meant for the heater, refugium, ato.

Okey dokey, thanks for your advice. 

Much appreciated. 

• Like 1