Pod Your Reef

What are these?

HippieSquirrel

HippieSquirrel

I’ve looked around and can’t determine if it’s an anemone, jellyfish, or polyp of some sort (newbie here).  

I have personally seen aptasia so I know it’s not those.. 

Theyre pale/white. 

Looking again could they be baby RFAs!? I have 6 in the tank and some are really close to whatever these are.. 

A3323EC6-387E-4639-ACA0-7696032AFA3A.thumb.jpeg.40f256e49b93efad8a1b1ac132db05e7.jpeg0B117987-1BCE-4C73-835A-983A91C10DB7.thumb.jpeg.755db2f7764abd4fa574f46bdac958ee.jpeg

F90CC0CB-D718-47D6-881A-12A236E7E3FC.jpeg

HippieSquirrel
1 minute ago, MrsK said:

Hard to tell much from the pics. Do they have little tentacles with balls on the tip?

Sorry about that, I tried my best, they're so tiny my phone has trouble focusing even with the macro lens.  To be honest they're too small to tell, fully extended they are just barely longer than a grain of sand.  I have caribsea special grade.  I compared to pictures of RFA babies and that's the closest thing I have been able to find on the web after looking through as many hitchhiker and pest lists out there as I could.  Could just be wishful thinking though...

HippieSquirrel
2 minutes ago, MrsK said:

Hmmm. You stumped me but I'm still new to all this myself. Maybe someone else can identify.

Tell me about it, everyday I can sit down and take a good hard look at my tank something new has happened.  Good or bad or both!  Its an exciting, scary, stressful, amazing adventure that's for sure.  Regardless, thanks for trying!

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...