inTank Media Baskets

Branching Hammer and Torch together?

Jphom

Hello all!

I am picking up a nice Torch today to join my tank. So my question is... I have always wanted to create a euplliya garden, I have a three head branching Hammer right now and would like to know if it would be compatible with my new torch?

Would the Torch harm the Hammer?

• Like 1
burtbollinger
7 minutes ago, Jphom said:

Appreciate the quick responses guys, what would be the best place to place this?

I have kept torches at low and Middle areas...decent light, moderate flow.  

I posted a video yesteday of my tank, in what I think is ideal placement for my torches....its a bit torch-centric.  In my thread at bottom of sig.

HarryPotter
16 minutes ago, Jphom said:

Appreciate the quick responses guys, what would be the best place to place this?

Given we know absolutely nothing about your tank- including but not limited to the depth, lighting, flow, other corals, etc- how could anyone answer that? :) 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

I have kept torches at low and Middle areas...decent light, moderate flow.  

I posted a video yesteday of my tank, in what I think is ideal placement for my torches....its a bit torch-centric.  In my thread at bottom of sig.

Beautiful tank btw!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Given we know absolutely nothing about your tank- including but not limited to the depth, lighting, flow, other corals, etc- how could anyone answer that? :) 

Understood, it's a Nuvo Fusion 10. I have a Monti green cap situated high up, Branching Hammers on the sand bed, Green Birdsnest in the sand as well and a yuma shroom. That's it, nothing crazy. As far as flow goes, I have an upgraded return pump for the Fusion and I'm using a MP10 Reef Crest 5 notches in.

For lighting I have LEDs.

MainelyReefer

I say give it a shot at seeing if the hammer and torch are compatible, I have always found hammer, frogspawn, and torch to be safe next to eachother.  Here's a picture of my torch, hammer and frogspawn touching, all right behind another frogspawn colony.image.thumb.jpg.2afc9425af565fbac39ba3f8dbcf4150.jpg

I have given frags of these very corals to my buddy and they killed some of his euphyllia so I'm not sure if it's a tank thing, maybe I chanced upon a few variants that don't mind eachother.  Regardless sometimes they can be placed together and a little testing is all thats needed to figure out which ones can chill together.

Awesome, I might try it out...I am a little nervous about them stinging each other. i have never seen the feeder tentacles come out on my Hammers.

So side question, my hammer has little tiny heads budding at the base of the coral. Does this mean it is growing a new head that way?