Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SNG's 90g. 1 year old....

slowngreen

57 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Make sure the lens is for Nikon mount, that one is canon. Great deal though. 

Whoa, yeah that is an important detail I would have skipped.  Thanks!  

52 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

like this one. It looks to be a bit different than mine but I think its still 1:1. @seabass can you shed some light on this?

"There are various versions of the 90 macro. The latest is model, I believe, is 272E Di AF, said to be optimized for digital cameras. The earlier versions, I think were strictly manual focus.  Other model numbers were 52B, 52BB, and 72B - all of which were Adaptall mount lenses, meaning with the proper adapter they could be used on a variety of manufacturer's bodies merely by switching a mount...sometimes meter coupled, sometimes not. The 52 models only went to 1:2 unless you used an extension, the 72B had the extension built in and goes from infinity to 1:1."

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/differences-in-tamron-90mm-macro.357489/

I think it was probably a decent manual focus lens in its day (probably 1:2).  It might still be in good shape (mint); but the statement, "Vintage means usable but not necessarily perfect optically, mechanically or cosmetically" concerns me a bit.

• Thanks 1

The colors are very vivid.  They look quit natural, even though the rocks show a purple hue (makes for an attractive backdrop).

Nice looking additions.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, --chris-- said:

Are these with the kit lens?

No those are with the Tamron but a ways back from the glass. I was trying to get the entire piece instead of a macro.

Just now, slowngreen said:

No those are with the Tamron but a ways back from the glass. I was trying to get the entire piece instead of a macro.

I get it now 🙂

• Like 1

I'll try to get some macro's of these later today to show you. If you can get that 3100 for $100 it will be close to this 3200, less megapixels but I think with this lens it would do great. 

• Like 1

Heres 3 macro's I just took then cropped and resized in Capture. Other tank updates are, I bought a Hanna DKH tester finally so no more messing with colors for alk. 

DSC_0091DSC_0094DSC_0097

• Like 4

@Christopher Marks is there a way for me to edit my embed picture size numbers? I'm resizing before uploading to Flickr but then they get blown up a bit once embed here. Or can you tell me what size I should resize them too while in my editing program? I've been doing 1200x798.

Christopher Marks

I think they look great! Flickr photos automatically embed in our editor, it choses the best version. The photos you post will automatically scale down for all screen widths, no intervention needed. If you do want to force a photo to display at a specific pixel width for a specific use, you can double click on the image in the post editor and set an exact dimension, but only from a desktop computer. I like 1280 pixels as a width for my images, as a good compromise for high resolution displays and file size. Images uploaded directly to NR have their originals scaled to 1600px width max, and then a 1000px version is shown that can be clicked on for full size. The values will likely increase again, some day, as web trends continue forward, but this is where we are today. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

So my 6 weeks of no fish is coming up so hopefully the ich is no longer an issue. 

Thinking of what I'd like to get, I have a real aiptasia problem and I don't like spot dosing them with anything now as it seems to just make them spread more. So I'm thinking about a Copperband. I've read a bunch of tips on getting them weaned onto flake and frozen food so maybe it can work? 

• Like 1

Ordered a new skimmer to replace my little sca301. 302 should be here later this week. My current sump doesnt have enough room for it so I will be turning my old 40 breeder into my new sump. 

• Like 2
On 12/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, slowngreen said:

Ordered a new skimmer to replace my little sca301. 302 should be here later this week. My current sump doesnt have enough room for it so I will be turning my old 40 breeder into my new sump. 

I loved my sca 301, I base a lot of my perceived value on bang/buck ratio and these skimmers score very well in that area!  And a new bigger sump to boot!  Even better!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, --chris-- said:

I loved my sca 301, I base a lot of my perceived value on bang/buck ratio and these skimmers score very well in that area!  And a new bigger sump to boot!  Even better!

Yeah all I've ever ran for skimmers are sca 301's. They do very good work.

Suggested Treatment Period for Cryptocaryon (saltwater ich) using Seachem Cupramine is 14 days at full concentration (0.5 mg/L for saltwater).

https://seachem.com/cupramine.php

TBH, I'm not sure that a concentration 0.25 ppm of  guarantees that they will be free of ich.  Do you know if they use Cupramine, copper sulfate, copper chloride, or copper citrate?

Just asked and he uses Cumpramine. So if I look for fish that I know have been there a while I will have better odds no? Fish has always been my down fall aquarium wise.

According to Seachem, the level isn't high enough to effectively treat marine ich.  IDK, maybe it's enough to help keep it from spreading to other fish. :unsure:

Wish I could be more definitive, but I've never treated with Cupramine before (as a treatment or as a preventative measure).

• Thanks 1