Coral Vue Hydros

SNG's 90g. 1 year old....

slowngreen

Got my tank yesterday, Marineland 90g with corner overflow. This will be taking place of my 40b. 

No pics yet but general info consists of...

90g display
20l sump (for now)
1500gph return
2 300w heaters
Reef flakes sand

2-Aqua Sanrise R60's
2 t5's, coral+ and true actinic
sca301 (for now)
sump center fuge

Tank is wet with 30g and 15-20lbs of live rock and the dry sand. Have a powerhead and heater running. I'll watch it for a few days to see if it does any kind of cycle before transferring everything.

• Like 3

Didnt take time to turn my pumps off but heres a pic of it now. Been running since March 6th. Transfer went great. I dropped a rock on my Wall Hammer and he's not been happy but he's opening back up slowly today thankfully and theres a few other pieces not opened up fully yet but I'm sure they are fine.

DSCN2521.JPG

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Didnt take time to turn my pumps off but heres a pic of it now. Been running since March 6th. Transfer went great. I dropped a rock on my Wall Hammer and he's not been happy but he's opening back up slowly today thankfully and theres a few other pieces not opened up fully yet but I'm sure they are fine.

DSCN2521.JPG

Looks great! :)  

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I need to redo my white balance on my camera for a more accurate pic but running the two R60 Sanrise at 12%W, 100% RB, 100%B, 85%UV and the two t5's, it really pops and seems to be about a 18-20k color. 

Thanks Mark. KH and Cal are staying the same as they were in my 40b so my dosing hasn't changed. Everything else stayed the same too so no unexpected swings of any kind.

13 hours ago, slowngreen said:

Finally getting the hang of my p&s camera

I agree, everything is looking great.  Nice upgrade and nice pics.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
slowngreen

Bad news this morning, my pink spot anthias was dead when I woke up. His mouth was really wide open. Hadn't seen any bad signs, he had been eating very well and was always out and swimming around.

• Sad 4
18 hours ago, slowngreen said:

Bad news this morning, my pink spot anthias was dead when I woke up. His mouth was really wide open. Hadn't seen any bad signs, he had been eating very well and was always out and swimming around.

I lost my female in a similar manner.  I have small and large pellet food and it was after i fed some of the larger pellets that she ended up dead.  I assume these things dissolve fast enough that getting stuck should not be a problem, but I haven't fed the larger size since. 

• Thanks 1
slowngreen

Dammit, my Blennie, Doobie, was dead today. I found my problem. I did a 10% WC last weekend and stupid me I didn't check my salinity, just figured it was close as I use the same measuring cup every time, but I checked it a minute ago and am about 1.030! Gonna start taking a little out and replacing it with RO right now till I'm back to 1.026. 

I'm truly sorry Leanord and Doobie, RIP. 

• Sad 3
slowngreen

Things are not going well. I ended up losing one of my fire fish, blue hippo and mandarin over night. My clown and blue eye tang are still alive and active but the clown is covered in what looks like Brooklyna. I did a 5 min freshwater dip with him.

Is it likely that my mess up with the salinity stressed everyone enough that they got ich?

Stress is enough in itself.  Specific gravity must have been rising steadily over time, it's hard to make a huge swing in salinity with just a 10% water change.  Now I'm wondering if there isn't ammonia in the tank.  I'd check for it and dose Prime if you detect any.

6 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Is it likely that my mess up with the salinity stressed everyone enough that they got ich?

Do you see any spots that might indicate ich?

• Thanks 1
slowngreen

The clown has more of a white powder look to him.  The fish that died were already decomposed enough to tell. 

I just tested for ammonia, it shows none. Should I do a large WC just to be safe? Like 20% maybe?