Cultivated Reef

Jester's 90 gallon reef tank upgrade

Jesterrace

Continued Growth update as my Melanurus continues the transition from juvie to adult.  Tail is clearly adult pattern now and it's colorful stripes are more visible:  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on the transition of my Juvie Melanurus Wrasse to Adult.  It's dorsal fin spot is definitely disappearing.  It's about half the size it was last time around:  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried out Flucanozole for hair algae removal.  This is what the rockwork looks like after one dose and no water changes for a month, then followed by a 20 gallon water change and waiting a week.  

Growth Update on my free Zoanthid Polyp that I got from my LFS on Black Friday.  New polyps are growing and the old polyp is fully extended and colored now:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jesterrace

Review of the Hydor Koralia 3rd Gen Powerhead:

Couldn't help myself, yet another Euphyllia Frag, love the colors of this Frogspawn:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Jesterrace

Just over a week ago I added an Emerald Crab to my sump to help out with all the algae my grow light is producing.  I put him in and he ate a bit and then vanished with no sign of him.  Today I checked the sump again and there he was grazing as if nothing had happened.  My apologies on the lighting as he disappears when it's well lit and it's hard to get good lighting down in the sump when it's off:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy 2 year anniversary to my Melanurus Wrasse:

Here it is as a young little juvie in August 2017:

Here it is in August 2019:

• Like 1