Jesterrace

Jester's 90 gallon reef tank upgrade

It's been slow but I upgraded from my 36 gallon bowfront in November.  I ended up with a Male Melanurus that got ich, but my juvie Melanurus and Diamond Watchman Goby appear to have pulled through okay.   I recently added the remaining rock that had been cycling separately in a garbage can.   I will be upgrading the lights and quite a few more fish in the future.   Stay tuned:

• Like 3

Another update.  I finally got my AI Hydra 26 HD lights up on a rail mount (the regular mounts do not play well with rimmed tanks).  I also added a Pajama Cardinalfish to it:

Saw today that periodically my Goby likes to perch on the rock (the old one never did):

They are in the 90 gallon now. . . . in their super fancy acclimation boxes:

• Like 1

Slow 'n steady! They look to be great additions, I like your clever acclimation baskets for them too, that's a good method.

Had to remove the Yellow Tang due to aggression.  I have a Pyramid Butterflyfish in QT.  I did add a backing to the Aquarium:

Pyramid died in QT at my LFS (supplier delayed shipment to LFS and it sat in the bag too long).  The upside is they guaranteed it and although the Pyramid butterflyfish is unavailable, I was able to get a One Spot Foxface in it's place.  It came in today and is in QT:  

Will be doing spotlights on the individual fish over the next few weeks.  Here is the first one:

• Like 1

Species Spotlight: The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse and how to ease your burden on a naturally finicky fish:

Apparently neither of my Wrasses got the Memo that they aren't supposed to eat Seaweed:  

• Like 2

Needed some more bio-filtration.  Added a CF Grow LED to my sump along with some Chaeto:  

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions