Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bubble tip anemone dying

Lizbeth90

Speaking of btas - mine has a huge bubble where it’s mouth is - like it’s mouth turned inside out .... I don’t mean to post bomb - but it seems like y’all have a lot of knowledge.  Mine has acted strange for two days - literally moved ALL over my tank in 48 hours and is now back where he started and looks awful - inside out mouth and deflated tentacles - foot still attached firmly.

FD075D38-6517-4D60-9604-E523759C5F82.jpeg

Lizbeth, any particulars of your tank you can share?  

Are we sure that it's a BTA?  I can't say I've ever seen a BTA with a purple base before, only Ritteri which suck. 

THis morning I checked up on him. He looks much better but now he moved towards the bottom again. On the side I can not get a view of his mouth completely. My tank is in the corner and well that’s where he planted himself ??‍♀️ Lol but he looks extended but again I can not see his mouth. 

980E2E99-C92B-439E-A5BA-824C4CBC1C02.jpeg

LogicalReefs
19 minutes ago, Lizbeth90 said:

THis morning I checked up on him. He looks much better but now he moved towards the bottom again. On the side I can not get a view of his mouth completely. My tank is in the corner and well that’s where he planted himself ??‍♀️ Lol but he looks extended but again I can not see his mouth. 

980E2E99-C92B-439E-A5BA-824C4CBC1C02.jpeg

That’s good he looks better now. I’d leave the anemone alone. Don’t want to stress it. If he moved and stayed there and he’s in view of the light I’d leave him. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ajmckay said:

Lizbeth, any particulars of your tank you can share?  

Are we sure that it's a BTA?  I can't say I've ever seen a BTA with a purple base before, only Ritteri which suck. 

I bought him from vivid aquarium. I will attach a picture of what he’s suppose to be

BC9F787B-CD63-447C-82DC-D2AC85303044.png

I think it’s time to remove him. Right? He looked so good but once the light came on all the way he shrunk again and now I see an even bigger gaping. And around the hole it’s started to look orange-brown

C3C1A824-BFAB-4BB9-9619-696FAD6B9110.jpeg

A6B7B79E-4B85-4C49-951B-ADBF59A2B580.jpeg

Bummer!    maybe give a mini carpet anemone a try sometime.  Those are pretty hardy and less damaging as well.  

For some reason I still think that looked more like a ritteri though... 

1 hour ago, ajmckay said:

Bummer!    maybe give a mini carpet anemone a try sometime.  Those are pretty hardy and less damaging as well.  

For some reason I still think that looked more like a ritteri though... 

Thank you, I wouldn’t be 100% sure the exact type. But that is what I received

3 hours ago, Cintax said:

How's it looking today?

It didn’t look good so I ended taking it out my tank. It started getting brown around his mouth 

It does look like a ritteri anemone, they are much more demanding/difficult than a bubble tip.. so good chance it could have been on its way out.

They may have sent you the wrong anenome. I would probably contact vivid with the pictures, especially that pic without the blue lighting, those lighter color tips seem like a dead giveaway to me.

2 hours ago, Lizbeth90 said:

It didn’t look good so I ended taking it out my tank. It started getting brown around his mouth 

Unfortunate. I would have given it more time personally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would put a cover over the powerhead to keep it out. I don't know how many times someone on here laments about an anemone getting chewed up in a powerhead. Trying to move an anemone and accidentally tearing the foot will kill it, so I wouldn't try to move it again.