Cultivated Reef

Coolreefer42

I don't think there is much you can do right now to help your GSP unfortunately except wait and see. Some anemones do wander around in a tank and this is a downside to keeping them, they can be risky for the other tank inhabitants. 

Fortunately, GSP is pretty hardy. As long as the mat stays intact and does not begin to change colors or crumble, don't give up hope. I have seen irritated GSP stay closed for a week or more and be OK. 

Coolreefer42
38 minutes ago, Rene said:

I don't think there is much you can do right now to help your GSP unfortunately except wait and see. Some anemones do wander around in a tank and this is a downside to keeping them, they can be risky for the other tank inhabitants. 

Fortunately, GSP is pretty hardy. As long as the mat stays intact and does not begin to change colors or crumble, don't give up hope. I have seen irritated GSP stay closed for a week or more and be OK. 

The mat is still a pretty purple color and is intact, what I don’t understand is my cloves had the darn thing on top of them and are already opened. Thanks for the reply 

You have a 5.7g AIO (so even less actual volume for your livestock) with 2 clowns and a sebae anemone?  It shouldn't be surprising that you're having issues keeping anemones and damaging your corals.  Seriously stop posting "Help me" threads and make your life easier by reducing your risk.  Get a much larger tank (at least 3-4x the size) and you'll have fewer issues.  Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but I can't offer you any advice that would suddenly make things okay.

Determined to keep an anemone in an overstocked 5.7g?  You should know enough not to have to ask these kinds of questions.   Good luck! 

• Like 4