Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef

Nola Bear

Cultivated Reef
42 minutes ago, Polarcollision said:

holding out for a coral I had planned to add on. It's currently out of stock...

Which coral?

12 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Happy birthday ?!  That was my “excuse/reason” to participate in this as well. 

Happy Birthday! March B-days woot!

• Like 1
mitten_reef
4 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Happy Birthday! March B-days woot!

Mine actually was in February :happydance:.  But I skipped TWO local frag swaps so I can spend a little more money beyond just the contest piece.

• Like 2
mitten_reef

:happydance: my goodies arrived !!  So far so good, everyone is nice and warm with the included heat pack, even though the temp outside is below freezing this morning here in MI.  The box was very well packed similar to what I recall on my last order with CR - full insulated box, not just a bunch of styrofoam sheets as I experienced with another online vendor. 

Pics to come this evening/tonight.   

Thank you, @Cultivated Reef

• Like 5
Cultivated Reef
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

:happydance: my goodies arrived !!  So far so good, everyone is nice and warm with the included heat pack, even though the temp outside is below freezing this morning here in MI.  The box was very well packed similar to what I recall on my last order with CR - full insulated box, not just a bunch of styrofoam sheets as I experienced with another online vendor. 

Pics to come this evening/tonight.   

Thank you, @Cultivated Reef

Very glad to hear that :)  We just got that order out in the nick of time.  They are predicting 12"-18" of snow up here today!

• Like 3

Ran over to the Fedex Office Center during lunch to pick up my shipment, then stopped by the house to unbox and get things floating. Everything looked happy through the plastic bags. I'll try to get some photos up after I've dipped/acclimated later this evening, or tomorrow depending on how pissed off everything looks. Hah. 

Thanks @Cultivated Reef!

Happy Birthday to me!

• Like 3

Well here it is....

BK9c4ql.jpg

Lookng all pissed off after a dip! I'll take an official contest photo tomorrow or Thursday when its looking a little more photogenic. I also just came to the realization that we don't own a ruler ai can use for this. More fish tank supplies to purchase.... ?

The RFA I included with my purchase looks awesome. Here are a few photos. 

i3ZFDA5.jpg

lBjt4rp.jpg

RFA is also looking a little pissed off/squinched up. 

Can't wait to see everyone's frags as they arrive. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef

Here’s the iPhone shot of my frag. I put a standard frag plug behind for scale  

39903357545_bd546e33de_b.jpg

built out a special frag rack that extend into the center of the tank, utilizing the gap between my two islands. 

25926400967_995b1383b5_b.jpg

Found reasonably acceptable photos from the camera shoot the other night.  semi-topdown first

26961894028_acc92ae6ac_b.jpg

and front shot

26961884208_2a8352d35d_b.jpg

I really love how rich the purple is on the polyps, hope it stays that way fingerscrossed

@Nola Bear, does a frag plug constitute a scale?  If not, it won't be until this weekend that I can get small plastic ruler to take my "official" initial photo with, just FYI.  

• Like 5
Cultivated Reef
14 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Here’s the iPhone shot of my frag. I put a standard frag plug behind for scale  

39903357545_bd546e33de_b.jpg

built out a special frag rack that extend into the center of the tank, utilizing the gap between my two islands. 

25926400967_995b1383b5_b.jpg

That's a nice display!!!

• Thanks 1
Polarcollision
On 3/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Cultivated Reef said:

Which coral?

Ice fire echinata - it's back in stock today. Thanks! I also snagged the Leng Si cap Ive been drooling over for years. Even if it's not from the Leng Sy cap, it's looking pretty good as it grows out.

• Like 4
Cultivated Reef
12 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

Ice fire echinata - it's back in stock today. Thanks! I also snagged the Leng Si cap Ive been drooling over for years. Even if it's not from the Leng Sy cap, it's looking pretty good as it grows out.

I'm pretty certain ours is the true Leng Si.  In fact I just sent a piece out to a person who made a point to mention that after receiving it that it was indeed the real Leng Si.  Apparently he had purchased a few of them over the years and never got a true one.  Ours is from a colony that is over 10 years old so I'm guessing its before most of the imposters haha!  So let's hope I'm not misleading you :blush:

• Like 3

Welp, @Nola Bear you have another fish-on-the-line! Just completed my order. In addition to the contest frag, I messaged @Cultivated Reef about the possibility of ordering a key party surprise acro frag. Despite the oddity of the request, they were incredibly helpful and were able to make it happen. So it will be exciting to see what sort of fun arrives, in the indomitable words of my law school roommate, "strange is fun when it doesn't necessitate penicillin." Basically, the next week or so will be like the lead up to Christmas without the underlying dread of hosting your in-laws. 

• Like 4
Polarcollision
8 hours ago, Cultivated Reef said:

I'm pretty certain ours is the true Leng Si.  In fact I just sent a piece out to a person who made a point to mention that after receiving it that it was indeed the real Leng Si.  Apparently he had purchased a few of them over the years and never got a true one.  Ours is from a colony that is over 10 years old so I'm guessing its before most of the imposters haha!  So let's hope I'm not misleading you :blush:

I’m even happier to have found the holy grail of leng sy caps then! I had assumed from the spelling  change from Sy to Si that it was a good look-alike, but I’d prefer to be wrong about that. :-)

• Like 2

First check in! A little pissed at myself for bumping it with the measuring tape and making the polyps retract but oh well. 

nFJJl3I.jpg

Weighing in at a hair short of 3/4"... hailing from Maine and training in Springfield, VA... Upscales "TheBig053's Competition Frag" Microladeeesssss!  

That doesn't roll off the tongue like it did in my head.

And some cockeyed FTS for schnitz'n'giggles. 

kFPrx8l.jpg

CIaVWw9.jpg

Good luck ya'll!

• Like 4
Cultivated Reef
11 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Weighing in at a hair short of 3/4"... hailing from Maine and training in Springfield, VA... Upscales "TheBig053's Competition Frag" Microladeeesssss!  

Lol!

Gorgeous tank :wub:

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic