SaltCritters.com

Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef

Nola Bear

teenyreef
11 minutes ago, LeoB said:

In lieu of updated photo I can report that my frag looks exactly the same - brown and flacid.

This is why it helps to measure in millimeters :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Cannedfish

It’s Friday and y’all know what that means: tuxedos and zoo animals! Err, okay, maybe it does, but it also means  Friday Night sh$t talk! With that being said, while y’all been busy playing grab ass and watching bad local daytime television I’ve been over here plotting about what I’m going to do with my 300 nickels. As you can clearly see by my tremendously bad photo, we are in full encrust mode and haven’t realized that ultimately we will be judged on length. But That doesn’t matter right now, I have to focus on getting drunk with flamingos. Echanté y’all!

2E64FC7B-785D-4ECE-A2F0-B90D00C69274.jpeg

• Like 3
mitten_reef
51 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

It’s Friday and y’all know what that means: tuxedos and zoo animals! Err, okay, maybe it does, but it also means  Friday Night sh$t talk! With that being said, while y’all been busy playing grab ass and watching bad local daytime television I’ve been over here plotting about what I’m going to do with my 300 nickels. As you can clearly see by my tremendously bad photo, we are in full encrust mode and haven’t realized that ultimately we will be judged on length. But That doesn’t matter right now, I have to focus on getting drunk with flamingos. Echanté y’all!

Looking good, good luck winning the 300 nickels, that’s $15....😆 btw

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Polarcollision

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but there *might* be the slightest hint of encrustment on mine. Probably just wishful thinking, there’s still no evidence mine cane with polyps.

• Like 5
teenyreef
2 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but there *might* be the slightest hint of encrustment on mine. Probably just wishful thinking, there’s still no evidence mine cane with polyps.

Well, the contest is judged on length, not polyps. Size matters! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
This guy is extra salty
16 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Spherical water lettuce stacking up that juice for the long run?

• Haha 1
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, tanacharison said:

Still at just under 1/2 inch! Top down picture shows a little encrusting but more from the myagi.

41937108472_70b7c86d6c_z.jpg

41082026215_387abc2428_z.jpg

I would pop it onto a new plug- get under the epoxy and you wont effect its encrustment at all. It wont even know, but it'll be nice and clean :) 

• Like 2
Cannedfish

Woop woop, it’s Friday y’all and you know what that means: Jimmy Buffett themed beach resorts, thin-gold necklaces, and jorts! That’s right we’re on our way to mainline some some Florida Panhandle! Shimmer with a thick sheen of Redneck Riviera! I can almost taste that delicious fried seafood at some vaguely pirate themed dockside restaurant. To put it mildly, my tank top senses are tingling. Mullets and thin-lipped mustaches for all! 

Coincidentally it’s also Shi&t Talk Friday (which is in desperate need of a better and catchier name)! That being said I was being hen-pecked out the door so this week’s photo is even worse than normal, but as a plus Blen-Dolla showed up with a well timed photobomb. So a-fix your peepers on this sweet sweet acro action (spoiler: it looks like last week). I don’t know what I’m going to do with those 150 clams, I could even buy a clam!

85EE4639-AF86-421C-B8FD-9E7F95975F57.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty

3 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Woop woop, it’s Friday y’all and you know what that means: Jimmy Buffett themed beach resorts, thin-gold necklaces, and jorts! That’s right we’re on our way to mainline some some Florida Panhandle! Shimmer with a thick sheen of Redneck Riviera! I can almost taste that delicious fried seafood at some vaguely pirate themed dockside restaurant. To put it mildly, my tank top senses are tingling. Mullets and thin-lipped mustaches for all! 

Coincidentally it’s also Shi&t Talk Friday (which is in desperate need of a better and catchier name)! That being said I was being hen-pecked out the door so this week’s photo is even worse than normal, but as a plus Blen-Dolla showed up with a well timed photobomb. So a-fix your peepers on this sweet sweet acro action (spoiler: it looks like last week). I don’t know what I’m going to do with those 150 clams, I could even buy a clam!

85EE4639-AF86-421C-B8FD-9E7F95975F57.jpeg

I’ll call your last week photo for a shitty top down shot..AA77802A-43CA-4EA3-B26B-4869DC43D4C6.thumb.jpeg.f597b992ed05e67847e2eae4b433a215.jpeg

yea look at the encrustion... lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ll call your last week photo for a shitty top down shot..AA77802A-43CA-4EA3-B26B-4869DC43D4C6.thumb.jpeg.f597b992ed05e67847e2eae4b433a215.jpeg

WTF is that :unsure: and what crust.............:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Is this supposed to be a photo of bigfoot or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
mitten_reef
12 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

The $hittiest top down shot on this thread to date.... judges, is there an award for the worst photo? 

But really tho, is your frag covered in algae, with the exception of the encrusting part?

• Haha 2
mitten_reef

It looks like my tank is finally doing ok, after a wave of problems. So here’s the contest frag topdown worth sharing.  

No growth, but at least it’s not brown any more, and I see polyps again!

40282554610_5f8682f0d4_b.jpg

• Like 4
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

It looks like my tank is finally doing ok, after a wave of problems. So here’s the contest frag topdown worth sharing.  

No growth, but at least it’s not brown any more, and I see polyps again!

Looking good! 

• Like 1
mitten_reef

** This is for my May update **

From 3/25 top-down:

P3250717

5/13 - 7 weeks of little progress. Noticeable encrustation.  Tank went thru a serious alk issues a few weeks ago, but should be recovered now 🤞

I don’t think measurement shot is necessary this month. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Cannedfish

Well it’s Saturday, which means two things: 1) I missed Sh$t talk Friday and 2) clothing optional pools. I apologize for the former point, I had a coworker’s going away party... at a bar, and you know... alcohol (love that devil’s nectar). Fortunately, I neither woke up in a stranger’s shed nor came home with someone else’s pants, both of which have been known to happen. What can I say, I live the pirate’s life.  But also, don’t think I for a second I was gonna let you swash-buckling scallywags off the hook, Sh$t Talk Saturday: The Legend of the Hidden Temple was going to happen even if, leeerrd help me, I have to refill this Bloody Mary and take some ibuprofen  halfway through.

With that unruly business behind us, let’s get to the good stuff. It appears, luckily for me, that @micoastreefing ill-fated decision to attempt to teach his lights the backstroke, is still paying dividends. I feel like Warren Buffett over here holding on to my fraction of millimeter lead. Which is great because otherwise I would probably be eating his dust. Now, @This guy is extra salty we all know you think you’re taking the high road with this whole, I’m not juicing campaign, but who holds the home run record... not squeaky clean Hank Aaron. Let me learn you some something, as demonstrated by The Game of Thrones and a thing called Capitalism, mean jerks and cheaters finish first. Nice guys and whoever’s racing Lance Armstrong finish last. Or that’s at least what I tell other people’s children (and that Santa’s a blood thirsty cannibal, sleep well!).

Furthermore, as you busters will notice by the obnoxiously subtle red circle, this corn dog’s got a growth tip! Yessir, that right there is brand-spankin’ new polyp! I really need to start think about what all I’m gonna do with those 15,727 Icelandic Krona! Whatever it will be, I assure you it will be ill-advised. Also the spheroid water lettuce is doing just great, thanks. 

A562E93F-6605-4407-BD1D-2E51F8DC06EB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I’m Gunning for you cannedfish! Check out this growth and encrusting!DA10E624-6146-4AF1-A267-7B4F4D06568D.thumb.jpeg.eb2469d80a843da63d4a70bb492b67e8.jpeg

Boom! Check out that tip growth 😎

though for some reason I have zero PE, I seem to have a red bug issue, so that may explain that, but they are encrusting nicely5E436B7D-9D75-4DCD-9A22-BD4D542EF741.thumb.jpeg.e689d46882d727e0291cb1ebc418010b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3
Cannedfish
23 minutes ago, Figster said:

I’m Gunning for you cannedfish! Check out this growth and encrusting!DA10E624-6146-4AF1-A267-7B4F4D06568D.thumb.jpeg.eb2469d80a843da63d4a70bb492b67e8.jpeg

Boom! Check out that tip growth 😎

though for some reason I have zero PE, I seem to have a red bug issue, so that may explain that, but they are encrusting nicely5E436B7D-9D75-4DCD-9A22-BD4D542EF741.thumb.jpeg.e689d46882d727e0291cb1ebc418010b.jpeg

Holy calcification Batman!! That’s nuts! It makes my growth look like Helen Keller attempting to play Operation. It might be time to cut back the zoas around mine to give some more breathing space (or use photoshop and run it through the Kim K. booty filter). I would congrat you, but if I’ve learned anything about competition from the US politics, if your not going to play dirty and otherwise act like an ass, you might as well not play. So I hope your frag stubs its toe, or whatever. Bad job! Get out of here with those overly competent reefing skills!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Holy calcification Batman!! That’s nuts! It makes my growth look like Helen Keller attempting to play Operation. It might be time to cut back the zoas around mine to give some more breathing space (or use photoshop and run it through the Kim K. booty filter). I would congrat you, but if I’ve learned anything about competition from the US politics, if your not going to play dirty and otherwise act like an ass, you might as well not play. So I hope your frag stubs its toe, or whatever. Bad job! Get out of here with those overly competent reefing skills!

Lol you got me beat in competitive political speech smack talk 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Figster said:

Lol you got me beat in competitive political speech smack talk 😂

Yeah, but I got everyone beat in PE!!! 

Smack talking because I've never had PE before omgomgomg

Oh, and yes, that is a teeny tiny bit of encrustation at the very bottom. I'm not out of this yet!

Upscales Microlados

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic