Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef

Nola Bear

@Christopher Marks, @Cultivated Reef and I are excited to announce the next official Nano-Reef Community contest...

An official Acro Grow-Out contest sponsored by Cultivated Reef, who has agreed to start 20 frags of Upscales Microclados Acropora for contestants interested in buying in!

crr2rbanner_v2.gif

3228DB27-E3F0-4156-A2DE-4D5C46A1167A.jpeg.988dcff9d4e87ea1290cd7ca8ff9aa9a.jpeg

Acro Frag Grow-Out Contest Details

• Upscales Microclados Frag: $35 (Normally Retails on Cultivated Reef for $70)
  • Shipping: $30
  • Winner’s Pot: $10
  • Total Cost: $75

The contest will run for 6 months and only requires a photo of the frag next to a ruler, posted once per month in our contest thread. Christopher Marks, Cultivated Reef and I have agreed to judge. $10 from each contestant will go towards a Winners Pot Gift Card to Cultivated Reef to buy even more coral!

Contest Timeline: How To Enter

Official Start Date: March 1, 2018

The contest is open to the first 20 Nano-Reef.com community members who complete the following:

1. Purchase your frag through Cultivated Reef "N-R Acro Grow Out" product. It's only accessible by following this link: http://cultivatedreef.com/product/nano-reefs-acro-grow-out-contest-coral/. This way only people interested in the contest will have access to it. 
  2. Your frag must be delivered any time within the month of March - Allow 1 week after ordering before shipment!
  3. Once delivered, you must post a photo of the frag within 3 days of delivery next to a ruler to show the exact size and color of the frag as your official entry into the contest here in this thread. That's it!
  4. Contestants are then required to post one "ruler-pic" of the frag each month to the contest thread that clearly shows the size and color of the contest frag to remain eligible. Try to frame your ruler shot similarly each month! At the end of the six month competition, your posted images will be used by the judges to determine a winner.

The contest will officially end September 30th. The variability of start and end dates is determined by the delivery of your coral. For instance, if you purchase and post your initial photo on March 20, then your end date is September 20. This means it will be a 6-month contest from start to finish. We wanted to give everyone time to get their corals happy in their tank give ample time to grow before choosing the winners.

How To Order Your Frag

Follow this link to place your order: http://cultivatedreef.com/product/nano-reefs-acro-grow-out-contest-coral/. When purchasing the frag be sure to select "Store Pickup" as the shipping option. The Acro Grow Out frag purchase price includes your shipping so by selecting "Store Pickup" you will avoid a second shipping charge. Also if you want to add other coral to your order you certainly can do so :)

Frags will be created as ordered and held for 1 week of healing time before shipment. Do not wait too long to order your contest frag, order by March 19th at the very latest!

Contest Prize

There will be one winner chosen at the end of the contest by a panel vote of three judges (Holly of Cultivated Reef, our very own Nano-Reef Community founder Christopher Marks, and me, Nola Bear). The contestants' frags will be evaluated by considering the following characteristics: Overall Growth (Height, Branching and Encrusting) & Coloration.

cultivatedreeflogo.jpg

Prize: Winners Pot Gift Card to Cultivated Reef
(Dollar amount dependent on the number of contestants)

Thank you to our wonderful sponsor CULTIVATED REEF for their generous support of this contest!

Monthly Shots

Each contestant is required to post a photo of his/her frag next to a ruler once per month for the duration of the contest in this thread in order to remain eligible. You must submit one "ruler-pic" per month, within a +/- 7 day window of your personal deadline. So, if you post your initial entry photo on March 20, then your next month's photo will need to be posted between April 13-27, and the following May 13-27, June 13-27, etc., etc. in order to not be disqualified. This built-in leeway should help with those people who may have travel or other extenuating circumstances throughout the competition.

Frag Grow-Out Contestants List

1. @TheBig053
  2. @micoastreefing
  3. @LeoB
  4. @pal
  5. @Figster
  6. @dmw913
  7. @Polarcollision
  8. @Cannedfish
  9. @Okinawa_Reefer
  10. @tanacharison
  11. @This guy is extra salty
  12. @teenyreef
  13. Join us!
  14. Your name could be here too!

• Like 6
  • Christopher Marks pinned this topic

Wish I hadn't gotten carried away during the WWC sale this past weekend, but F it! I'm still in. Gonna have to get creative to find some realty for this piece! 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Wish I hadn't gotten carried away during the WWC sale this past weekend, but F it! I'm still in. Gonna have to get creative to find some realty for this piece! 

I like where ur heads at!

• Like 1
mitten_reef
9 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Order placed. Let's go people! 

Dammit you beat me to be the first official participant on the thread. 

Also took the opportunity to order myself a little 3-frag pack of zoas. Thank you @Cultivated Reef!

I'm the idiot that didn't read that I have to select "Store Pickup" to remove additional shipping charge:rolleyes:  So don't be like me.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Dammit you beat me to be the first official participant on the thread. 

Also took the opportunity to order myself a little 3-frag pack of zoas. Thank you @Cultivated Reef!

I'm the idiot that didn't read that I have to select "Store Pickup" to remove additional shipping charge:rolleyes:  So don't be like me.

Nice!

I added an RFA. A little nervous because I I've heard they sometimes don't ship well. 

I almost got caught by the shipping also! 

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Official Acro-Grow Out Contest, sponsored by Cultivated Reef, featuring Upscales Microlados
1 hour ago, Nola Bear said:

Love it. You’re making stuff happen!

Hopefully I have a tank left for the competition. We've been with out power since 11 AM. Been running the heater and powerhead off and on using our jeep, but I have a mille RTN'ng already.

• Sad 1
HarryPotter
9 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Hopefully I have a tank left for the competition. We've been with out power since 11 AM. Been running the heater and powerhead off and on using our jeep, but I have a mille RTN'ng already.

I don't understand- with flow and heat, it should last for days before you see any negative results. 

Yeah, everything looks fine but this one piece. Not sure what the deal is. 

Didn't look bad off prior to all this either but who knows maybe it was already unhappy and needed a nudge.

pappadumplingz

Count me in! Oh wait, damn being international sucks sometimes. Funny tho, contest ends on my birthday haha, good luck to yall!

• Like 3

Contest bump :D

edit: oops, didn’t realize this is a sticky post. But anyway come on ppl, we can’t have a contest without contestants  :haha:

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic