Coral Vue Hydros

Pellets for clown fish?

Lizbeth90

33 minutes ago, Lizbeth90 said:

I currently feed my fish coral frenzy(the frozen one) I also would like to alternate with pellets. Does anyone recommend any?

I feed mine the soft clownfish pellets by faunamarin every day. They love them, as do most other fish.  The clowns prefer these pellets over most frozen foods except for shredded, frozen table shrimp.

• Thanks 1

I feed the New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets as well. My clowns don't really leave the anemone so I can't just put some on the surface. I have to drop it in at a certain point so the current brings it by them. It's annoying but funny too.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I feed mine TDO pellets offered by Reef Nutrition. No joke, these photos are three weeks apart. You can see the color difference (darker) after feeding TDO.  

2252829C-871A-46A3-87F5-AA6606B83C86.jpeg

• Wow 2
48 minutes ago, ReefWeeds said:

I feed mine TDO pellets offered by Reef Nutrition. No joke, these photos are three weeks apart. You can see the color difference (darker) after feeding TDO.  

2252829C-871A-46A3-87F5-AA6606B83C86.jpeg

I might have to give one a try, they look great 

• Like 1

I feed my tomato clown a mix of PE mysis, omega one small color pellet food and new life spectrum. My acans and palythoa also love the omega one pellets, gobble them up and ask for seconds. Be very careful with pellets though. They are NUTRIENT DENSE which means they'll add a lot more nutrients to your tank if you use them to feed. My fish and corals only get one or two pellets a week. Be sure to also soak any dry foods in tank water before you feed them to your animals for a minute or two. Clowns have small bellies and you don't want the pellets to expand in their gut after consumption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I alternate between the .5mm New life spectrum Thera a, and the Omega One Marine small pellets. For my small clownfish, the .5mm NLS are a good size, the Omega One I have to break in half. I think it’s getting close to being big enough to handle the Omega One without breaking up. I tried the Omega One “mini” pellets, but it seemed more like crumbs and dust than actual pellets. 

Once big enough, I’ll probably give the Omega One majority of the time, and NLS once in a while. The ingredients on the Omega One look good, and can find it along with NLS at most pet stores.

Ingredients: 

Whole Herring, Whole Salmon, Halibut, Black Cod, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Rockfish, Shrimp, Squid, Clams, Salmon Eggs, and Octopus), Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Spirulina, Garlic, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

• Thanks 1